Have you ....

Ever mixed gravey with your sibes kibble?

My dad mentioned the other week that as a boy he had a dog and they mixed gravy with the kibble and brought out a shiny coat.....so, i have tried this with my boys for a few days now and have noticed a huge difference.

Their coat is lovely and so so soft and shiny - it's not affected their toileting either, i mix 2 spoons of Bisto gravy granuels and put half a cup in with their kibble.

Just wondered if any one else had done this ??

can they have the yellow and white from the egg raw?

Yep the whole egg is good for them, you can feed them the shell too if they will eat it :D

The only thing I would be careful about with the gravy is the salt content (as dogs don't need salt in their diet).

ok cool, thanks Bec

Ah not thought about the salt content will keep my eye on that

As a treat I'm sure it's fine but I wouldn't feed it every day, mix it up with things like tinned sardines and eggs, natural yoghurt etc as they are all things that can be mixed into kibble and are great for the dog's health and coat condition :)

Yes we tried mixing gravy with our boys kibble when we fed this as sometimes it was the only way to tempt them to eat it mostly. We also mmixed in tinnned tuna chunks (with the juice) in there occasionally.

can they have the yellow and white from the egg raw?

Yep the whole egg is good for them, you can feed them the shell too if they will eat it :D

The only thing I would be careful about with the gravy is the salt content (as dogs don't need salt in their diet).

Bec is right there, we feed our boys a whole egg, approximately once a week and we usually crush it up and mix it in with thier veggies. Eggs are a good source of calcium and protien for dogs and unlike us, who are more prone to things like salmonella, dogs can have then raw as they have bacteria in the gut which stops them from getting salmonella from raw food (sorry but I dont remember the whole technical process).