Bikejoring >>>Antenna

Anne

Bikejoring is great fun for both you and your dog ,this is my fav way of exercising my dogs :D

tcan019800x600.jpg

The antenna is used for saftey to keep your lines from getting caught under the wheels >>>you can also use a peice of plastic pipe .you can buy the antenna here :www.sleddogshop.com/

Shock absorber lines can be bought at www.snowpawstore.co.uk or any good supplier.

I use a short harness as the line is high up on the bike I use manmat long distance harnesses as they are well padded around the neck and chest also bought at www.snowpawstore.co.uk.

Sarah you still have to attach the line to the bike the antenna is just for saftey I will put a better pic up showing this ,I started off short 1/2 hour runs and built it up along with their stamina ,up until now (as its got warmer )I normaly went down the canal and let the dog run till it got fed up then had a nice walk back:D

Here is a couple of different ways to attach the line to the bike you can run the dog without the antenna just making sure you keep the lines tight between the bike and dog or attach a bit of plastic pipe to keep the line clear ,although its much safer for you and the dogs to fit the antenna

DSCF0144.jpg

DSCF0143.jpg

You need a permit to run them in front of the bike in a forest, we are lucky to be able to use a race course for free. We also use bridleways which aren't used much for running the dogs with the bike. This is what we use to attach the dogs to the bike. Ann is that a dogs collar on the bike in the 1 pic , that looks a good idea but wander if it would hold 2 dogs.

Dsc_2707.jpg

The whole set up

Dsc_2704.jpg

Hi Rose ,the 2nd pic is a bikejoring line set you just clip it onto your bike I like it because its easy to clip off and onto the scooter it is like a small reinforced collar ,I normaly use the 1st pic method as its all mountaineering stuff .

Sorry Sarah probably as Rose says not in the forest but anywhere else .In Scotland we are really lucky as we dont need permits to run the dogs in the forest :P

thanks rose and anne, added to rep.

Sarah, not sure what forests are around your way but I know in Wareham forest by me you need a permit and im very sure you need a permit to do this in the New froest too.

If your unsure I would suggest calling forestry commission: http://www.forestry.gov.uk/ or maybe call a few sled dog racing organisers and ask them :)