Favourite free download

Marc

Thought this would make a good thread on here since we are all on computers.

What free download would you recommend to others? There are plenty of bits of free software out there, and even for someone who spends a hell of a lot of time on the net I'm always amazed to see the free software I pick up on that other people have installed on their systems.

So for me, I'm going to start with a small addon for firefox called adblock plus. Ya know where you get on the internet and you open a page such as facebook. you always tend to get the adverts down the side etc, and banners here and there? Now I understand why they have them there, however I think I should have the choice in whether to see them or not, so I do so with adblock.

Adblock plus when installed with a blocklist will block out all these banners, adverts etc for good so that you never see them again. It's an addon for firefox (sorry IE users, get a decent browser lol) and installs very easily either from the link below, or you will find it in your 'get addons' bit when you click on Tools>Addons in your firefox menu. Once it is installed and firefox has restarted it will ask you to download a blocklist (I recommend the one called easylist as its very effective) and thats it, all done. On top of this if you find that you have the occasional one, you can click on a tiny block icon at the top of the image/frame and get rid of it for good, from every page its found.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865