Change of sleeping arrangements

Sarah

Last night, Marc, my hubby was out all night with friends and was sleeping out so rather than my boys sleeping in their cages like they have always done, I decided to let them sleep with me.

I have wanted to do this for so long but hubby has always put his foot down with a firm hand so to speak lol. I lasted about 10 mins before i'd had enough of paws standing all over my face and being scratched so i put them out on the landing to sleep there.

For about 45 mins, they tore up and down stairs and then became really hot, i could hear them panting so i gave up and put them back in their cages, they settled down immediately and went straight to sleep.

Do you think i could have done anything differently to help them settle? They had their blankets normally in their cages and chews / toys etc

i don't know, as when we stopped putting Eika in her crate she was as good as gold, slept all night on her bed...

sorry that's no help. i hope you can work something out.

Oh...did you go to sleep (well try to) straight away, like lights off laying down or were you up reading etc before hand...we always find that if the lights on or we're talking Eika doesn't settle quickly. and is the same as your two.

hmmm...not sure, did you give them a treat and say bed...then get into bed and go to sleep? We have done this since we first let her in our room, and she knows that around bed time if we go in the box of biscuits (little bone things) then she runs straight to her bed and waits...she gets that, we go to sleep...she wakes up in the middle of the night chewing something, i go fnlsfnalkfnalsfasfoi Eika, go to bed...about half an hour later she does, and we all go back to sleep!!!!

Could be something (if Marc allows it) to peservere with if you really want them to be in your bedroom...

irs prob just beacause u gave them a treat and they were excited!!! Would take them a while to get used to sleeping upstairs with u. Kos had never been upstairs to bed before we got her....took her a couple of weeks to realise bed time was for sleeping and not playing.....she then decided that sleeping wrapped round my head was the way forward, but now slepps happily in her own little spot on the bedroom floor, and if the other 2 curl up there she soon moves them on! Guess what i'm saying is it will take time! ;)

sorry I wouldnt really no. When we took Gizmo out of his crate to sleep in the Kitchen he settled straight down and would occasionally come downstaris to find Gizmo sleeping next to Marley and Bandit in the crate, which was so cute! He probably settled straight away because Marley and Bandit were in the crate so Gizmo didnt have no one else to play with if you know what I mean.

We also leave Gizmo in the kitchen with no toys, bones, etc just his water bowl and a blanket to lay on.

As Kimba and Kaiser are in the routine of the crate being sleeping time, having them out of the crate to them probably means play time, etc so this could have been what caused them to play up.