Can't decide which cage is better... Help!

Staceybob

I'm trying to find a new cage for Aleu for when we move to Birmingham in the summer.

I'm looking to get her a 36" cage and I've found to sellers on ebay.

This one seems genuine:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ALL-SIZES-Dog-Puppy-Pet-Cage-Folding-Carrier-Crate-/390280040835?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs&var=&hash=item99abe9c43f

I like the look of the standard cage (I don't think we'll need the deluxe because she loves her cage).

And then theres this one that apparently comes with free bedding and rollers, but I'm not sure. From the feedback, people are saying you have to pay an extra £6 to get the bed shipped, but I cant find that in his description, so I was wondering if anyone from here has brought from him.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Foldable-Dog-Puppy-Crate-Cage-Carrier-M-L-XL-XXL-XXXL-/110630289955?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs&var=&hash=item5f76e5d1df

What do you think?

Stacey xxx

I think 36 is going to be big enough. You don't want them to have too much room, and they should be able to stand up and lay down, but don't need much more than that. As far as the bedding included, I wouldn't worry about getting it with the kennel, unless it is free, why not just take something from the house and put it in there with her. You want it to be familiar and something with your smell on it is always recommended. The first one appears to have quite a gap at the bottom, which in our case, meant that it was easier to break out of, but you may not have that issue. I thought Andy was going to crate easily, but he must have had some really bad experience as he broke out a few times and after the last time, we didn't have the heart to put him back in. Now that we have Jackson, they end up in our bed together after they finish their "mommy is leaving treats" and (knock on wood) have not been destructive at all.

36 is good size thats what i use in van for transport and at rallies they sleep very well in them.. have enough room to move without being to much room... one thing i will say is if you get one check the door draw bar.. as some vary .. mine you have to have in certain position so in effect looks... if i pull bar all the way over which appears looked .. to much shaking in van on being rattled by the dogs does work its way loose.. and door comes open.. but i have 2 cages for the wifes smaller dogs that are different design and dont do this...

what ever cage you get.. it might be worth checking which way it works .. i found this out by opening back doors of van to be greeted by my Tikaani jumping out at me lol..

DONT GO FOR THE SECOND SELLER

We've been looking for crates as well this week. That second seller, you buy the crate and then she'll try and charge an extra £6 for the "free bedding and rollers". Just check out her feedback.

For dog crates we got our huge one from these guys:

Dog Health

Very nice crate and sturdy too, well worth the money and still going strong, even when Vix had eaten up the plastic tray a few months later, they were able to replace it within a few days after a quick phonecall.

We have gone for a cheaper crate buyer for the puppy crate as we won't be using it for a very long time. This buyer has only one bad feddback and that was from knob that didn't appreciate the bad weather we had for Dec that brought everything to a standstill:

Puppy Crate

Hi,

I'm new here so hi :)

I bought a crate from this seller on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dog-Cages-Small-Medium-Large-X-Large-XX-Large-/260714176346?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs&var=&hash=item8263c67d53 for my Mishka before I even got her.

As it's for my house I got her a 48inch crate so if needs be, when she's an adult, she can be placed in it.

Excellent crate and fast delivery. In the end, I bought 2, one for my girlfriend's so we could stay there & Mishka'd have a bed there too. She loves it & is more than happy to go to bed at night :D

Bri

Don't believe that just because you padlock the door that the husky can't get out. In my gallery there are photos of Andy's escape, or somewhere in another post on here. We had both doors bungeed and he just pulled out the entire panel and the second time he lifted the kennel off the base. We had a 40 lb rubber horse mat in the bottom that was supposed to be indestructible, and he ate half of it and moved it enough to squeeze out of the bottom of the kennel. Never second guess a husky that wants to escape!!!:lol:

Lol, well she actually likes her cage now, so she just sleeps it - hopefully that will be enough to stop husky escape attempts lol.

And I know what you mean Sarah, the last cage she had came with a plastic bottom with a convenient flap to take it out and clean it..... Yeah she just pushed it through the gap and smashed it up lol. So I replaced it with a very thick and hard piece of wood XD Shes never bothered with it since, but she does love her cage now which makes a lot of difference.

Would definately be more convenient to have the metal in the bottom than the wood though - it's bloody heavy! Lol.

Stacey xxx