need advice with my 3 huskies

hi some of you may have seen the re-home post but we really dont want to let him go,we are going to put the whole situation here and hopefully someone can help.

we have 3 huskies 2 males both 7 months old and 1 female who is 6 months,both the males are brothers but we only got one of them 3 weeks ago.ever since we re homed deano him and patch seem to always fight i know they are fighting for the pack order but could it make the situstion worse because they are brothers ?

since last friday kiya has been having discharge from down below she doesnt seem very swollen but she has got all the signs of coming in season.there has been no sign of any blood but when she goes toilet outside patch does lick the grass where she has urinated.when patch and kiya are together she doesnt seem to be bothered by patch being near her,do you think that she is either in season or will be coming into season very soon ? as from today we have kept kiya seperated as we dont want any accidents especially because it is very early for her,even if kiya is in season i know the males will fight over her but they also fight over the smallest thing

patch and deano have been urinating in the house since yesterday i know they are marking there teritory but is there anything we can do to prevent this in the house ? we really want to keep both the males but we need to try to stop them fighting as we have 2 young children and they find this very distressing.how long does it usually take to sort out pack order ? we have all 3 booked in in january to be seen to,is this a good idea to get both males done or should we leave 1 intact ? all help and advice will be greatly appreciated :D

Kiya is definately coming into season, which is why your probably seeing an increase in agression between the males. I would definately go ahead as planned and get the males neutered in january. It is advisable to get kiya done 3 months after her season to allow her hormones to return to a normal level. Also allow some time for the males to sort out their pack order and they will be fine. i have 4 dogs at the moment 3 males aged 14yrs, 3yrs and 7months and a female aged 1 yr. After allowing them time to "fight it out' although it was hard at times they now all live in perfect harmony, unless there are toys in the house LOL :)

Yep sounds like she is coming into season and on top of the "new boy" tension they are dealing with their raging hormones and a bitch in heat nearby! Not good! Is there anyone.. a close friend or family member that might be able to take Kiya for the month just to ease their tention and keep her safe from their "advances"? That would be your best bet as its really not safe to spay her while mid season. Keep the boys appointments in Jan this should help ease things further and with just the two boys to focus your training attention on that might really help get things settled then when shes finnished her season you can bring her back and book her in to be spayed too that should make everything nice and even no hormones flying around and you should be able to then sort out any minor issues should any still remain.. but I would seriously think that its all hormally motivated!

hi thanks for all the help and advice, we have got both males booking in to be neutered next thursday :D

Its more then likely its become your bitch is in season they will fight for the bitch you won't be able to get her spayed until 3 month after her season that wat we got told about are bitch hope it sorts out

I might be wrong here but from what i remember from our SHWUK home check if you are planning on having them neutered with their testosterone levels so high due to your in season girl, wont they then remain at that level?

How exactly would that work Dan? Genuine question? If they remove the source of the testosterone how would the levels stay the same??? Unless I am a totaly biology fail logic dictates once the source is gone the levels should drop?

well patch and deano have been neutered today , they are now laying in there crates trying to work out what the head cone is all about lol

aaaawwwww bless, they will be out of sorts for a few days but they'll pick up soon.

and hopefully you should notice they are calmer and more loving too. biggrin.gif