My poor Bella :(

Sarah

My cat Bella is nearly 6 and has always been fit and healthy just noticed she is kinda sneezing a lot - have a look at this vid - about 16 seconds, she sneezes and licks her mouth a lot..... she's doing this about 8 / 9 times so far since this afternoon :(

Her eyes are healthy and she's not weeping from her nose, eyes or drooling from her mouth. I've looked in her mouth and it seems fine, no swelling or redness her teeth are perfect and white, no smell or anything. She's eating and drinking like normal but wants cuddles - now anyone that's met bella will tell you she is NOT a cuddly cat lol

Anyone got any ideas what's wrong with her until I can get her to the vet next week?

5LPttFgRe8w

Bless hersad.gif

Seems like she has a bit of a cold going on....the licking is generally when their noses are running. Keep an eye on her and see if she pulls herself around. If she doesn't pull herself around in the next couple of days she might need some antibiotics.

Hope she gets feeling better soon, just give her loads of cuddlessmile.gif

Hopefully she will perk up - she is a NIGHTMARE at the vets i come away with so many scratches / bite marks it's untrue - the vet doesn't want me holding her and always wants a nurse to hold her but i'd rather it were me that got scratched plus i think she'd be worse with a stranger

Yes even though they are vaccinated they can get the cat flusad.gif. I learned this recently with Indigo, he has always been vaccinated and still came down with it. They gave him a shot at the vet and then it was just a matter of letting it run its course. I don't know of anything that can be given to boost their immune system. I took about a week or so of him lounging about and not feeling well at all before he got better. He was sneezing and seemed to be struggling to breath at times.

Seems strange that the vet insists that a nurse holds her. I wouldn't be happy with that either. I am a bit lucky with Indigo, he loves the vet. He always purrs so loud that the vet struggles to actually listen to his breathingblink.gif.

Yep, that's the cat flu. Even when they vaccinated, they can still get a new variant of it. It's really contagious so if you got to see other cats, I highly recommend to wash your hands beforehand, and, preferable, even change cloths.

I've seen it a lot at the cat shelter I work for, they act the same as in your video. We usually have it in control but last year we had a big epidemic of cat flu that spread across the whole shelter. It's generally not dangerous for healthy cats (edit: when treated for it), but it is for kittens :( I have know idea what kind of treatment they give to the cats. I would go to the vets anyway

Saz, take a towel with you to the vets so you can wrap her up and dont get scratched too badly hon. Does sound like cat flu and its one of those things that she will get better from but will always carry and might get again when shes under the weather so have read up on how to deal with it best when it happens.. Cat flu

Hope she gets better soon, hugs xxxx