:( sad

HuskyCouture

the OH and i went to the animal shelter today :( and there was the sweetest husky mix boy there everrrr. he's such a doll, but like any husky is super mouthy so they wouldn't let him come out and they got mad at me for putting my hands in the cage and pettting him :rolleyes: he never tried biting me! anyyyywayyy, i was like is he good with cats? and they're like i don't know. how are you gonna adopt a husky out without knowing if it's good with cats or not?! and then they told me there's no way i'd be able to adopt him because the boyfriend isn't 21 until november :rolleyes: i want him so bad, and he has such a sad chance because if you try and leash him he just jumps all over you and puts his jaw around your arm/hand/whatever is next to him so he's a "danger to kids" embry does the same thing, he's just excited and needs more patience! they went to take him for a walk and as soon as he jumped they said nevermind he's biting me!! so angry/upset/frustrated/heartbroken

WI57.17195211-3-pn.jpg

WI57.17195211-1-pn.jpg

he's sooo cute in person, his eyes aren't brown when you're face to face with him, they're a green color and just gooorgeous, and to be honest he looked full sibe to me

okay just needed to say this

yeah since he was a stray as a puppy i assume he hasn't been properly introduced to cats, wish he had been :( he's such a sweetheart but man was he dirty! can't believe they haven't bathed him yet, they have enough volunteers and only like 20 dogs.

i'm gonna talk with my mom in the morning, i want to call the shelter in the morning and see if there's someone there that has spent more time with him and knows more details.

i'm going to try and talk to my mom tomorrow, but she's not too keen on me getting a second one :rolleyes: it's only because she hates how hyper embry is.

i wanted to but every time i was by his kennel they all avoided me :angry: stupid people

Ooooh well tell your mum that a second dog makes them both less hyper coz they have eachother to play with a nd get tired much quicker!! :D Deffo think he looks gorgeous and like the pefect fit for your family! You could just keep him seperate from the cat like LOADS of other husky owners do! :)

The people at that shelter don't sound like they have a clue as to what they are doing. Jumping up and chomping a little but? of course that is what he is going to do if they keep him under lock and key and won't give him any training or play time. I could understand it if he actually hurt someone, but it sounds like he's just excited and wants to play. Honestly,

I also find it rather stupid that they won't let you adopt him just because your boyfriend is a couple months below their age requirement. As long as the two of you are able to provide him with a good loving home, a couple months should make no difference =/

I hope your Mom will help you out. He really is a awesome looking dog and would probably make a great friend for your other husky. Good luck to you.

OMG he is such a cutie!!!!! :wub:

but then agen i now LOVE whites ;) whereas before i wasnt keen lol

good luck with ur mum i hope she gets him for u i think seeing as u already own a sibe and know the breed THATS what they should want in a new owner - not bloody age requirements