Me and Ice need some idea's.......

Rob

My knowledge on training dogs is fairly limited and me and Ice have now come to a dead end on what to do next, he's quite an intelligent dog and picks things up really quick (other than roll over, he ain't having none of that :), over the last couple of months he's learnt sit, paw, other paw, down, up, leave, off, stay. Behaviour wise he knows the commands he needs to, so i need some idea's on some fun treat training as things like sit, paw etc are getting a bit routinal for us all as he's known them weeks. We need to freshen it up abit.

So all idea's on some fun things welcome :)

his leash training is coming on nicely, over the last month he's come on leaps and bounds, he's learnt pretty quick trying to walk me gets him nowhere, he will sit at a curb when told to, he sniffs at alot of things but he's not as bad as he was and he'll "leave" anything he picks up when i tell him to, still a few things to iron out when out on a walk but i'm confident that'll come over time, i'm just after a couple of new fun things to stimulate him when at home/in the garden etc

I'm trying to teach Lyra to give kisses on command right now, but it's not progressing very quickly. The hope is that she'll learn she can't give kisses whenever she wants (we don't mind, but other people don't necessarily want to get slobbered on.) We are also trying to make "Leave It" more difficult for her - putting a treat on her paw, trying to put one on her nose.

Micah loves to dance :)

I have taught her to 'find' Ozzy. I will ask her 'Where's Ozzy' and she will run and look for him and then barks to let me know she has found him. I have also taught her to fetch her teddy (well it was a teddy originally, now any toy or stick will do). When I tell her to 'fetch your teddy' she will go and find the first toy or stick and bring it to me.

Ozzy won't find, fetch or do anything I ask, he just looks at me as if I am crazy to even suggest it :rolleyes:

We do a few fun moves, I have taught them to turn circles.. so I say clock and they turn clockwise I say anti they turn anticlockwise.. and Nuks has learned finnishes for competative obedience.. I say Nukka go round and she'll go around the back of me and sit to my left in a heel or Nukka big circle and she'll walk around in a circle to a left heel position.

They can both speak on command although this ones more easy with Shadow as hes a right chatterbox and will speak to me even without being asked but Nukkas a quiet baby so that was tricky with her!

We're working on take a bow and balance the bone now so they balance the bone on their nose or a paw (Shadow cant do nose as he just gets to excited but he can do balance on the paw and also take a bow where they go into a play bow position bum in the air head to the floor. :D

We have carpets in our house so when it is wet outside or they have been swimming their paws need to be dried. I tell them to sit on the towel, once seated I tell them to lie down, and then say foot - they then lift their foot to be dried. I then ask for other foot and they will lift the next one - and so on. Very handy. It is a hit and miss with Ozzy thought, and it is usually a very vocal exercise - on his part, as he hates having his feet dried off :(

Utahraptr, I really must get my hb to make some agility equipment for our backyard, I think that is something he will really enjoying doing with the huskies - +1

We've been working on "i love you" for a while now, he'll talk back but its just a grown as if to tell us to shut up lol, he gives kisses on command too, i think i'm going to look up some agility tips get a hula hoop etc and see how he does :)

should be fun :)