8 week old Husky with seperation anxiety! HELP!!!!

Hi, I'm pretty sure Storm has seperation anxiety. Whenever he is left in his crate he goes mad and poos in it then jumps all over it and he and his cage end up covered in poo! :blink:I have tried making a blanket smell of me, he has my son's old nightlight. The night before last we had a good night, then last night back to the poop in cage again! He follows me around the house when I am here and likes to lie down in whatever room I am in, if I move he wakes up and moves too! It was only after reading a post on here I realised what it is. I am just about to go and rinse poo off another blanket for the umpteenth time! :( Last night I put him in his crate for 10 mins while we put the kids to bed and in that short space of time he pooed in his crate. What do I do?

Get a teddy of yours with your sent and put an alarm clock in it, the ticking will comfort him because it simulates a heart beat, It works and it doesn't, I hope it does for your sake though hun! 

Zarly used to have it fair bad when i took Joey out of sight, done a few methods (thank you to Husky-owners for the advice) and now she is fine :)

Please can you explain how you introduced him to his crate? then we can try to think what else you can try. But to start off i will tell you what we did...

with kaya we used to get in there with her for a few minutes :D at a time throughout the day and used to play with her and give her plenty of praise and treats, so she associated the crate with good things. we also left the door to the crate open constantly so she could go in there for a sleep without the door being closed during the day We also put a great toy in there that we only played with her in her crate. within a day or two she loved it and now we have trouble getting her out of there. You will get there, so try not to worry too much he is still very young, he will get there xxx

Here is a pillow that when they bite/you squeeze a hearbeat goes off - haven't used this website, but i'm sure if you google it you can find more...http://www.cheappetproducts.net/PETSTAGES_HEARTBEAT_PILLOW-UKP109984.html

can't help with the crate thing as we gave up after 3 nights - only because Eika was keeping our 1 yr old son up and none of us were getting any sleep!

Good luck

what your pup is doing is normal, pups cant hold or control when they need to wee or poop, they get the urge and then have to do it, i have 3 12week old pups here with me and dispite them being out side most of the day with the older dogs they still come in the house and wee or poop within 5 mins :rolleyes:

as for him following you, this as all normal aswell, he is wanting to see where you are going and what you are up to and if anything is on offer lol its the same with none furry children ;)