Your dogs routine!

Alex T

During the past week I was fortunate enough to be off work and was looking forward to lots of lie ins as i usually get up at 6 a.m. - how wrong could i be?

Due to having Isis prior to christmas she has spent a couple of months with us now and is obviously used to getting up at 6 a.m. - every mornign at 6 a.m. on the dot she was awake - i tried to ignore her but it didnt work as she howled and cried by our bedroom door.

I thought that she was just used to going out at 6 a.m. so i let her out and tried to go back to bed - big mistake - she howled louder and louder! Then i realised she had got use to being fed at 6a.m. so i got up again and fed her, let her out again.

Once again i tried to get back to bed - but she wouldnt let me, she wanted to be up and playing around downstairs!

I know its good to get them into a routine - but this one has backfired on me!!!

Do you Husky's ever do anythign like this?

LMAO ohhh I am SOOOOOO glad i'm not the only one with this problem!!!!

I am up every morning at 0615 and pull myself together enough to take Kimba out around 0645 - They don't understand the concept of weekends either do they lol

I've tried staying up an hour later at night so I feel like i've had a lie in in the morning but that doesn't work either....0615 off he goes with his howling and barking lol

Having said that, when we first got Kimba it was exactly the same....now I don't hear a peep from him, only from Kaiser. Maybe she'll grow out of it??? With Kimba it seemed to be that he cried cause he wanted letting out to have a wee, if I let him back in and go back to sleep on the sofa i'm usually ok, they snuggle up with me which I love :)

i get up at 5:30 so Blaze nos when its time to go out bings stays in bed (gotta love him lmao) then ill get bk frm wrk n have a lil kip then ill wlk them b4 wrk then i walk them after wrk and if i pic my little brother up frm sch ill take them then then i also take them at 6ish

this week my week off! haha

if they wanted 2 go out they let me no about it because mum keeps her bedroom door closed n my dad wrks nights n they obv cnt wake the kids up then decide that i have 2 :( bing will jump on my bed n stand infront ov me cryin so i think he wants 2 lie dwn next 2 me so i move over n make him lie down then what do i get a face full ov blaze he jumps up n licks my face! :eek: also had bing tryin 2 pull my quilt off me the otherday :eek: im sure they plan it lol luckily they let me go bk 2 bed once theyve bin out :)

Bo gets up at 5 a.m. and is ready to go out. He likes to watch me exercise and then, he'll have his morning meds along with a treat. Then, he hops on the sofa for a nap until noonish. At this point it's back outside for a jaunt across the yard and then afternoon nap. When I get home from work, it's time to cuddle (so that supper is filled with Siberian fur, of course...) A walk and then he gets his supper and evening meds before harassing the cat a bit followed by another 'nap' and some more attention before going out again so he's ready for bed. He's been on this schedule for years now.

He's gotten pretty predictable. Guess that's one good thing about having an older boy - his routine doesn't change much. Some days I sure miss the overly active Siberian he once was, but have to admit that his maturity is awful sweet too.

Can't say I keep to a timed routine but it usually works out:

Works day:

Get up get dressed, washed, etc

Have something to eat and drink

Take dogs out for walk for about 10 mins each

Put Marley and Banidt in crate and give each a treat and make Gizmo's bed and give him a treat

Go to work, check emails, stick radio on and straight on Husky owners

If its quiet at work go home and take dogs out again for quick walk each

Stay at home with them together for about an hour or so

Go back to work, on husky owners

Go home (usually around 6pm)

Take dogs out for about 30mins each (45mins if I didn't go back to them later in the day)

Have tea, feed dogs

Have shower/bath

Go to bed

Watch DVD

Go to sleep at some point

Day's off usually consist of the same as above apart from the stuff at work is usually consisted of playing with the dogs or watching TV