Periee the Parrot.

Hello everyone,

This is my new addition to the family, so far that makes it 2 dogs, 2 horses, 3 cats, 3 birds and a very cheeky tropical fish!

He was rescued by a lady who brought him into the local petshop as she didn't know how to raise him ~ she had been feeding him SEED! which is a big no no because it ruins the hairs on their tongues! But she didn't know any better. When we went into the local petshop i saw him in a cage covered up, had a look in and AWWW HE'S SOOOO CUUUTTEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! Had to wait 4 weeks to get him :( BUT he came home Saturday, still on baby formula but that's not that hard and weaning birds off baby food is easy peasy! :)

This is Periee! 

He's a Rainbow lorikeet!

'What do you want woman??? stop pointing that THING at me"

40013_456417155859_607740859_6924857_1587847_n.jpg

He's like a pimple on a pumpkin - cage is huge ha ha

41070_456417185859_607740859_6924859_1606498_n.jpg

and my fav :)

45999_456416650859_607740859_6924855_815125_n.jpg

Thanks heaps everyone

My cockatiel that sings pop goes the weasel also does this funny head thing and hissy too! He's fair special!  :P

I've been handling him since he's not been handled and he doesn't bite hard just bites to bruise and yeah he's coming along, wasn't hand friendly.. only had him since Saturday and he already will eat from your hand and just before i actually got him on my hand he sat there for about 4-5 seconds, I taught him "up up" with a stick and then once he knew what it meant introduce my hand, so far so good! He's been my hardest to hand tame but it's all coming along well! When he bites i also say "No bite" in a firm voice because birds don't like you to be upset so they'll stop, it works a treat!! :) but if he bites i never take my hand away, no matter how hard he goes.. got to not let him win the battle! :)

He's getting his feathers too, yay cannot wait until he's got all of them :) <3