How to teach my husky how to howl

My nukka has had her first howl a little while ao but where she is also young her bark is just starting to wear off so its on its way im encouraging her to do it on command with treats loud pitch noises oh and her reflection she seems to be obsessed with it stuck up dog lol

Hi

I have just adopted a 8 week old male sibe/mute cross and he is lovely but cries all the time, I have a 1 year old female who is fine with him apart from the odd food moment , but how do I stop my little Sos from making such loud screeching noises when someone leaves the room .

Angela

Hi Angela, sounds very much like separation anxiety. You need to leave him in stages, leave the room for a second then come back before he has time to cry, gradually increase the time out of the room, but not all in one go - it will take a few days / weeks to get him used to being on his own but he will get there :)

Do you crate him?

Loki only makes noises when competing for attention when I bring him to my mother's with her dogs, when he has to pee in the morning he'll howl in his crate and whine but other than that all he's do is groan when he does a kitty stretch. I've tried playing videos and howling myself too.

Originally, I was howling with him in the crate and I was going to start treating him when he howled with me, then bring him out of the crate and try to do it there, eventually adding a command to it. But I couldn't stand how much that made him howl in his crate. lol.

oh my goodness its the last thing i would try and teach/encourage. With the foster dogs so far (5) none of them have howled and thanks goodness. My latest one makes some sort of bark, but it sounds more like a lion...honestly its hillarious. I've asked neighbours asking me what i have!! All of the others have been REALLY quiet, they dont even take any notice of someone at the front door or the postman etc.

He will make this roar at random times - at a skip on someones drive, meeting a new person etc. but doesnt take any notice of the two yappy dogs opposite & take part in their conversation!