stop pull harness

http://www.petsathom...s-at-home-14475

blaze is not keen on his canny collar (my fault i no) but he doesnt mind his harness but he pulls (i can walk him but my mum cant and she likes walkin him cuz hes her boy) - any1 tried 1 ov these harnesses ?? what did u think ov it??

EDIT: i no its not a quick fix for his pulling

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i've had one similar to this.. and if she wasn't walking with the lead tensioned and tight it would get loose because the harness wasn't a set size, just pulled tighter and fed up to the lead.

if that makes any sense. So if you walk slow, or they stop in the one i had it would hang down under the arms enough to just walk out of haha. and the faux padding bit that was meant to stay under the arms wasn't fixed into position on the harness, so it would move around and didn't stay under the arms where it was needed...... was ridonkulous... i think i used it twice.

I have found though that the easy walker ones are pretty good with Honey and reduces her pulling a lot and she will walk next to me sometimes or just in front without pulling really hard. http://www.petexpertise.com/images/detailed_images/easy-walk-harness.jpg

HEY HUN I GOT THE PETS AT HOME STOP PULLING HARNESS FOR DUKE.IVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH IT,HE IS ALOT BETTER AND I CAN CONTROL HIM MORE.ASLONG AS THE CLASP BIT IS SHORT THEN THEY CANT GET OUT OF IT.THE DOWN SIDE IS THAT IF URE HUSKY GETS LET OFF HIS LEAD THERE IS A BIT THAT HANGS DOWN BUT I JUST ATTACH IT TO THE HARNESS ON TO THE SHOULDER BIT.IF U GO TO PETS AT HOME THEY WILL DEMO IT ON URE HUSKY FOR U N SEE WHAT U THINK.HOPE THAT HELPS XX

will do linda - hes learnin 2 pull on his canny just cuz no matter how much i tell mum 2 not let him pull she dont listen - bloody stubborn woman lmao

thnx for the replies guys - goin pet shop 2nite but only takin skyla cuz shes good in the car but might try one on her n see what its like cuz they r the same size now lol

Ok just did an experiment. ..

In a Harness Darwin pulls like a freight train. (which is why we are using a Halti)

As our 3 (don't know which one to blame)

had trashed the eazydog bungee lead we had.

I got Darwins old Harness out ( it is just a bog standard step in and clip over the shoulders with a plastic clip with double rings )

and retrofitted the remains of the lead to the front chest of the harness.

A few cable ties and Voila impromptu no pull walking harness.

and yes it did seem to work if he pulled he was tugged back from the front chest area.

Within a few minutes he was trotting alongside me the same as if he was in his Halti head collar.

the only change I'm gonna make is that I tied it around the horizontal AND vertical bands of the harness at the front.

This causes the vertical band to pull across whichever leg and side I'm holding him on.

So I need to adapt it so it is only on the horizontal band and so doesn't pull the vertical band against his legs.

and it needs an amount of free movement across the horizontal band so it doesn't pull the whole harness around

to one side.

A Work In Progress.

But theory holds out these harnesses do work. (at least with Darwin) biggrin.gif