wanted info on walker belt and lead

madmonk

Not sure how much help I can be, because I bought my stuff online here in the U.S. I'm sure others with belts and leads there in the UK can help you out.

But just so you might learn from my mistake: One thing to consider is what type of belt you are looking for. I bought my first belt, called "The Buddy System," that is thin nylon belt intended for the dog to walk at your side loosely. It is a nice system for that purpose (I also got the optional bungee attachment, which I liked). However, I soon found that I more enjoyed running with Dakota canicross style (that's a sport that hasn't really caught on much yet over here), so I had to give up my Buddy System, because it was bruising me pretty badly when he pulled me.

I now have a padded waistbelt from "CardioCanine" that I really, really like. It's very comfortable, and I love that it has a water bottle and a pouch big enough to hold my cell phone, IDs, and poo bags. We did break the oval carbiner in a race, but I just got a sturdier one at a climbing store.

I'm sure you can find stuff closer to you, but I've attached links to info so you can think about what kind of system might work for what you're planning on doing.

CardioCanine Info (our favorite!)

Buddy System Info

There is a girl on here who makes leads and harnesses but not the walking belts. The belt is a good investment for your back!! Have a word with Sarah16.

:DThanks Phoenixmal!

Yeah I make the leads etc but not the belts - I have made some but they are too much of a pain to make to sell :blink:

Culpeppers belts are great and the kisi ones too, double ended ladder leads work best with the belts. They are great for walking multiple dogs on your own!

I did hear somewhere that if you look on ebay for second hand rock climing belts with the leg loops then these can be quite cheap?? Haven't looked for myself though.

:DThanks Phoenixmal!

Yeah I make the leads etc but not the belts - I have made some but they are too much of a pain to make to sell :blink:

Culpeppers belts are great and the kisi ones too, double ended ladder leads work best with the belts. They are great for walking multiple dogs on your own!

I did hear somewhere that if you look on ebay for second hand rock climing belts with the leg loops then these can be quite cheap?? Haven't looked for myself though.

Ooooh great tip Sarah, I might have a little look at rock climbing belts then if I deside to get one with leg loops.:)