BMX Parts, Spares and Repair for my lil project

Sid_Wolf

Ok my day out with Kyle has gave me the bug again, and now I wanna get back into BMX racing rolleyes.giflaugh.gif

Am gunna attempt to custom build my own bike, using bits n pieces from old bikes sold for spares and repairs, aswell as new stuff sold off ebay. Its gunna take a while as I will be buying one bit at a time probably, and am starting from scratch.

The only definately new bits I will be buying is the chain and the tyres, as I want a coloured chain and front wheel, and a dirt track back wheel biggrin.gif So will be getting these new.

If you could all keep an eye and ear out and if you see any bmx's on freecycle or cheap on sites like gumtree, or get offered/told of any cheap or free ones, or even find an old decreped one, can you please post in here what is usable off it.

Obviously some parts are gunna be quite heavy to ship, like the cranks, so I will need to know the weight so I can paypal money for shipping/postage.

Am looking for things like:

Cranks

Pedals

Brakes and brake levers

Saddles

Im sure theres more bits, but I dont know the names of them!! lol

Please help guys laugh.gif

Thanks to those overseas who would be willing to help, but am really asking the UK members here as cant afford overseas P&P on such heavy items smile.gif

Ohhh good idea! thanks Gill biggrin.gif

I should deff be getting this on off my mate, which I believe is in ridable condition, so am just gunna upgrade some bits. Its all black apparently, so Im going for Black, white and red colours, I'll change to a red chain, white grips, red front tire (black off road back tyre), maybe red brakes etc

so eventually only the main frame, handlebars and forks will be black hopefully smile.gif But I can ride while working on it, which will help me to get the feel for it as it goes on, rather than hopping on a bike that might ride sh*te laugh.gif

• 2 weeks later...