oldest thing in your house..

Mistyrayn

whats the oldest thing you have in your house

( partners not included )

mine is a mantle clock that chimes every 15 mins that belonged to my Grandad and his Dad before that and was past to my Mum, and as im the only one of her children that actually showed any interest in it she gave it to me.. im glad to say she is sill alive, just knew i would look after it and wanted to make sure i got to enjoy while she is still here..

I don't really know. We got alot of furniture that looks old but I don't think it is actually old, just varnished! I would say the oldest thing in our house is probably the crack in the living room wall, lol. It's been there since before we rented it and from when an extention was put on the house (dunno when though). I would say the oldest piece of Furniture we have is a small corner unit we got cheap of a car boot.

If you want me to go back a few years to when I lived in Devon, I lived, with my parents, in a small cottage which was 200 years old! It was a lovely house and would go back there any day! Has the original beams through the cealing, the old cob walls and the orginal log burner fireplace and a big, secure garden (Would be brilliant with the Huskies). Only bad thing was we lived near the River which flooded us many times which was why we moved.