Do You?

Austinville

Do you, or have you, tried to talk people out of getting a Siberian?

I often find myself doing this - or perhaps it's more making them aware of the aspects of the breed that people don't often know. So many times we hear people say they want one because of their beauty and after talking with them, you discover that's the only thing they know about them.

So, do you find yourself doing this at all?

i have talked my mum and dad out of getting one because they thought lex was absolutely adorable so i told them what he is like all the time like chewing things always trying to be alpha (barking at us) how much energy they have and i just told them all about him and they said they might just get a mongrel lol it would be better for them anyway as my mum suffers a lot with her back so to get a sibe would probably make her back worse lol

Yes I talk people out of getting Sibes all the time. They are not a breed for everyone and this is really driven home when you consider just how many sibes are in pounds and rescues. Once people know the negative traits of the breed most people decide against getting one.

IMO a good breeder or responsible pet owner is one who outlines the breed's negative traits, I would rather talk people out of getting a Sibe then have someone get one when the breed is not really suited to their lifestyle.

Ive just had a thought. Can people view threads before they join up? Just thinking we could add a thread with the con and pros of keeping a husky under the Husky questions part. What you think?

Yes, anyone can view the threads on here