giving in

OK don't know if im in the right area hope i am

right here goes im giving in and going for the crate training but would love some helpful tips which i know u are all great at giving. ive found a extra large crate on Amazon for Sasha which is winging its way to us as i speak but the final straw came on Saturday when i came back and found that she had chewed the child lock off the fridge and got in she managed to drag out 5 of the 6 eggs that were in there. she regretted it once it was making its way though her system but came to realise that if she hasn't stopped with the chewing and naughty behaviour than we would cave in and do the crate whilst we are out.

also after reading about another thread that i have found ( silly person wanting to teach growling to their husky ) i was wondering if i am doing the right thing about encouraging Sasha with her talking that she does ( atm she says no and a few other words ) but would love her to say the i love u talk they are known for. am i wrong for wanting to teach her this ????

also just been given the all clear for her to be sprayed ( shes 6 months old ) will this change her in any way ??????

we had Micha speyed when she was 6 months old, now she was beginning to become very boisterous, and she calmed back down.

i personally love the fact that my huskies are very quiet, and hardly make a sound (my grumpy neighbour said to me they better not be barking at all hours, which i find hilarious, as he had a yapper dog for years, and it did nothing but bark).

as for the behaviour and caging your husky, have you tried wearing her out?. can you vary your walks, i am sure that a husky will get very bored of the same walk all the time. we try to take ours on different walks every day, and if we go somewhere new they spend ages sniffing.

our 2 behave and are not caged, and only chew their toys. i put this down to my wifes iron will (no she isn't mean she just wont stand for nonsense) and plenty of exercise. also i found that at 6 months it was a battle of wills with Micha, she was constantly pushing at boundaries, but we never gave in and after about 5 weeks she gave in, so maybe its an age thing?

hi sara,

koda isnt very destructive but if she started to get that way then i wouldnt hesitate to crate her up for a little while, while i was out. as long as you arent leaving her for long periods of time then she should be ok, give her something to chew on and plenty of water,

as for the i love you speak, i howl at my dogs all the time to try and get her to speak, its annoying to my dad but i dont care.

i like the fact that my dog is a little bit vocal, she doesnt growl or bark but she does make woo woo noises at me and its nice to have conversations with her (but im strange)

we love the fact blaze will 'talk' to us when we get home we get such a great greeting when he woooo wooo wooooo's at us - he even tells me he wants 2 go out when its time for a walk - theres no way this will make them aggressive or such - that vid u saw wasnt a husky it was a wolf or wolf hybrid and the person who posted it was abit immature 2 say the least wanting 2 get a husky and teach it to do that - huskies dont have aggressive tendancies which is y we love them :D so i wudnt worry about that - check out all the huskies 'talking' on youtube - theres never any comments saying that it will make the dog agressive - or have it taken away from you - so dont worry :) - im tryin 2 teach skyla how 2 howl and woo atm but shes not having any ov it :( lol - please post sum vids up ov sasha wooing - iwud love 2 c them :)

as for the crate training i cant help cuz i dont crate mine - but uve already recieved sum great replies :)

I crate my boys for their safety as well as my house's safety lol they love it and snuggle down the door is open all the time and when they're tired the go in their and curl up for a snooze the most their in there is while i'm in bed at night - 6/7 hrs

With the vocal thing, you're not teaching her to be agressive like the other thread was wanting to do, your teaching her to howl and speak which is a fun affectionate thing :)

Sara, the crate training is not only good for your furniture & goods :rolleyes: it stops your pup hurting herself while you are not there. Don't view the crate training as "giving in", some huskies are just downright destructive :lol: Our Myshka was one of these for ages till she was about 2 1/2 yrs! The crate also gives your dog their own space, somewhere they can retreat to should they want to, so don't feel 'guilty' that you are getting a crate.

As for the talking, this is totally different to the other topic you mentioned, that was about getting the husky to growl as if to show aggression, I assume; all of us copy our husky's arooorooorooo & have a husky conversation with them, whether they admit it or not! :lol: So getting yours to "talk" is fine, you're interacting in a good way with her, just don't let the neighbours catch you! :D

I wish Lakota would "woo woo" instead of bark bark bark bark bark.. its annoying. Hurts the hears but then again, he's still young. I crate him everytime I have to leave, I wont let him lose as he has already proven to me that he will eat some wires and whatever else he can get his teeth on.