Hi Huskiemama here...

Huskiemama

Hi! Obtained this beautiful husky 3 months ago. From Day  One, he's been true and faithful. I saw some podt or ad about someone feeding their dog chicken feet. That's what I get my dog. His name is Max and he's an Alaskan Malamute. 3 years old and still acts like a puppy. Nice to meet you all and looking forward to being part of watching and sharing happiness with our 4 legged husky children. 

Screenshot_20210323-123859_Gallery.jpg

On 3/30/2019 at 10:59 AM, TeylasMama said:

Hi, my name is Lindsay and I’ve Ben a husky mom for about 6 months. Our baby girl just turned a year last weekend! I need some helpful tips on how to stop this pup from destroying our house and yard! We’ve tried every trick from the king toys to sprays and collars. Nothing seems to stop this pup from destruction!340928795ab6e9a786f3efca243fc178.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also am beyond trying to figure out what to do about the massive holes in our yard!!!! I have pretty given up. Anyone have any real ideas?

1 hour ago, Huskiemama said:

Hi! Obtained this beautiful husky 3 months ago. From Day  One, he's been true and faithful. I saw some podt or ad about someone feeding their dog chicken feet. That's what I get my dog. His name is Max and he's an Alaskan Malamute. 3 years old and still acts like a puppy. Nice to meet you all and looking forward to being part of watching and sharing happiness with our 4 legged husky children. 

Screenshot_20210323-123859_Gallery.jpg

I also am beyond trying to figure out what to do about the massive holes in our yard!!!! I have pretty given up. Anyone have any real ideas?

Hi Huskiemama,   I am sure I misunderstood your post,  is chicken feet the only thing you feed your dog, because that is how I read it.

9 hours ago, wolfpup said:

Hi Huskiemama,   I am sure I misunderstood your post,  is chicken feet the only thing you feed your dog, because that is how I read it.

No. He gets much more than chicken feet. Lol. But I can see how you might have thought that.

9 hours ago, wolfpup said:

No I give him supplements that have glucosamine chondroitin omega-3s fatty acid. Calcium, vitamin C and E. MSM, hemp seed oil and powder and ALPO with beef chicken and pork proteins. He gets eggs when I make eggs for breakfast, chicken feet, peanut butter,  apples, oranges, cheese treats and beneful snacks. 

Is there any dietary/medical reason you do not feed him  other meats or fish?  (I have a food allergic husky that is on a restricted diet).  Whole sardine or herring would balance out the fats in chicken and ruminants, and help replenish the vitamins/DHA/EPA  and provide all 10 essential amino acids  (essential because the dog cannot manufacture these himself so must be gotten from food) etc - some of which mainly come from things like brain and eyes   Supplements are good  (my dogs are on quite a few obviously)  - but can not take the place of a balanced diet.   I am afraid I have never heard of ALPO  - is this a commercially made food?

I have a 'thing' for different diets  - hence my interest.

One thing you can do about the holes in your yard  (huskies do love to dig)  - is to  section off a bit of your yard and make him a sand/soil pit  -  he should eventually learn that it is ok to indulge himself there.   If he has a particular favourite place he digs  - that would be a good place to put it.   Good luck with any other method   - this is the only thing that works for my two.   :huskyfall:

Archived