Hello Again!

Jay

I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe during these unprecedented times.  It's been a long time since i have posted on here, so I wanted to see how everyone is doing.  Work for me has been absolutely crazy, I have taken on a new role, but I love it.  I had been working from home from mid March until Mid June, and even now I only have to go in 2-3 days a week so that has been nice.  

The pack has adjusted well to having me home every day, getting extra walks and attention.  I have the best furry co-workers even though one of them stole my sandwich!  Nikko, Yukon and Kodiak are doing well and staying healthy.  Sad news though one of my neighbors lost her 11 year old Great Dane named Domino.  When Nikko was a 10 week old puppy we were walking and Domino broke out of his collar and ran up to meet Nikko, and Nikko got spooked and jumped in my arms!  Since that day he always looked forward to seeing Domino on our walks and would go crazy when they got to meet.  I am sure he will be missed by all.  

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well considering the pandemic.  Over here in the US it has hit especially hard in some areas as many people aren't taking this as seriously as they should.  

Hi - I was reading your posts about Yukon having seizures and the last thing you posted was about putting him on CBD. How did that work? I have an almost 3 year old husky who just had his first seizure (grand mal) June 18, 2020 and just had a second one Aug 1, 2020. The neurologist just prescribed him phenobarbital and I am also going to combine that with CBD & THC oil so I’m curious how it worked for Yukon and if he’s had seizures since then. I’d love to hear back. My email is alexandra@rodicargo.com

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/4/2020 at 8:58 PM, alex1505 said:

Hi - I was reading your posts about Yukon having seizures and the last thing you posted was about putting him on CBD. How did that work? I have an almost 3 year old husky who just had his first seizure (grand mal) June 18, 2020 and just had a second one Aug 1, 2020. The neurologist just prescribed him phenobarbital and I am also going to combine that with CBD & THC oil so I’m curious how it worked for Yukon and if he’s had seizures since then. I’d love to hear back. My email is alexandra@rodicargo.com

The CBD biscuits haven't stopped his seizures, but they have definitely made a difference. He is having them less frequently and they aren't as severe as they were before.  He is also ph phenobarbital and a couple other meds as well. 

If its of any help  I put my boy on cbd  rather than meds to see if it worked  -   the first one I tried took him from  4 seizures in 12 days  to  106  days then 108 days.  I changed the oil to a stronger one  -  he had his last fit  688 days ago ................. in 42 days he will have gone 2 years since his last fit.   He has never been on meds.

Whilst it does not work for every dog  - try it.

Archived