Brushing & wipes

Husky Mad

Hi guys,

I just wanted to ask how often you guys brush your Sibes?. I've been brushing him once in the morning everyday. He's 12 weeks old. Is this OK? or can it be bad for his coat?. I also use the odd wipe on him, sometimes a baby wipe but i really need to go get some Dog wipes as i think baby wipes might do more harm than good to him. I only really use them when he get's that soggy rain smell.

Thanks

Tom

hiya

I brush mine once a week but when they are blowing coats i brush them 3 times a week.

As for baby wipes i would not use them on my dogs, what we do is when they come back from a walk wet i dry them off with old towels then put dry old towels on the beds as well after about half hour when they are all dry all the wet towels go in the washing machine and we dont get no wet dog smell.

I hope this helps

i haven't ever used wipes on mine, even after we return from the park where there's a lake that she swims in. after she dries she never has any smell. our other dog (pom mix), OTOH , starts to smell bad only days after a bath. i try to brush her a couple times a week but i'm not the best about it.

I think it's good to brush them frequently as pups in order to get them used to it. I wish we did this with Pongo because he HATES being brushed and will only sit still for a treat. Right now I brush him every so often as I see hair starting to accumulate on him. He hasn't blown his coat yet so I'm waiting for the fun of that!

As for dog wipes, we keep them handy in case Pongo gets terribly muddy going outside. Wet ones seem to work ok too. We don't use them more often than just a dry towel though.biggrin.gif