New Here

tmr_21

Hey guys, just a quick introduction!

My name is Taylor, I live in Calgary Albert, Canada. I have 2 huskies, Hansel and Gretel. They’re a recently adopted bonded pair I met through my place of work and instantly fell in love with them.

Theyre big snuggle bugs, but also runaways. So we’re still working on recall and off leash training. They both have very high prey drives so walking with out pulling is also a work in progress  

other than that, not much else to say! So, yeah, there’s my little intro 🙈🙈

Welcome to the pack, I would strongly advise against having them offlead , unless in a fully secure enclosed area , they're not the best breed for offlead with their high prey drive and desire to run , plus their selective hearing is a disaster waiting to happen

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

Welcome to the forum.    I also would not advise you let them off leash unless there are are 6ft + fences all around.   They only need to see a rabbit, bird  -  or even a leaf and they are off  -  totally deaf to commands.   They have the worst recall on the planet if they have their attention drawn to something with either fur or feathers.    All responsible husky societies / clubs / forums will say the same, as will all experienced husky owners.

Archived