Puggle pancreatitus

amyf27

I hope you all don't mind my posting about our Puggle, Sunny. Qe also have two Siberian Huskies, a 6 yr old female and 9 yr old male.

Puggle is 10 and was diagnosed with Pancreatitis and has been hospitalized since yesterday. He was our first dog and my best friend. I have never been this sad and stressed that I can ever recall. Daughter and I visited him today and he seemed so happy to see us. Getting IV Fluids and meds that way as hes unable to keep anything down including water. Day by day - today he looked better to me than yesterday when I had him admitted. We shall see what tomorrow brings.816d875b96d304c70b52d455cf471f9d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

She did? How long did she have it for and how long did it take her to recover

Get well soon Puggle Amy had this earlier in year so can sympathise with you

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

She was in hospital for 2 nights, they sent her home after she ripped out and chewed up her IV line and pulled her harness through the cage bars and had a hood chomp on that too[emoji33]
It took a good few weeks to be completely back to normal, but she also got campylobacter probably as she had 4 courses of anti biotics in as many weeks!
We now have to be careful of her fat intake, food and treats have to be below 15% fat, she was rather underweight for a while but is now back to her healthy 26kg I gave her home made kefir milk to help her gut get back to normal
Its awful seeing your pet so poorly, hope Puggles has a speedy recovery

Last night was Sunny's second night. He has had quite a large amount of vomiting so that's quite a battle here. He's had no interest whatsoever in food for probably the last two days but I don't think he's actually eating anything for 3 days. He's kept his IVs and just fine and is resting he did look better when I visited him the night I dropped him off.

Ice had pancreatitis last year and it was an awful sight to see. He has since made a full recovery, hoping puggles starts to pick up soon too xx

Decided on exploratory surgery. Ten minutes in they found this. A damned peach pit. Said hes handling surgery well and they're making sure nothi ng else is in there.05da9c4638cacff1474e7294980fe3f4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I hope that’s all they find, hoping this means he’ll be recovering and back to himself soon. Hope you’re ok to, it’s the worst feeling when our furbies are sick.

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners
They said he did great in surgery he had no other issues they took about 3 cups of fluid out of his belly after this and I think he's going to be just fine

Ok. That's it... I am having my peach tree ripped out!!! I didn't like it any way.
I hope recovery is quick.
Quite the scare. I'll call around noon today to see how hes doing. I'm hoping he can come home tonightc7d9e0e409f260203a237844de4d7658.jpg

Hope he is back home with you soon   -   one thing though  for help with any dog with pancreatitis - milk thistle is recommended  - preferably a glycerine based tincture rather than alcoholic.    It is also great for  liver problems.  Do not give it to a dog with a healthy liver as it will eventually reduce the liver function.

Sunny's back home and looking SO much better. He has a good appetite and is thirsty. Have to watch - he can only have small amounts at a time while his surgery heals. He has a special prescribed diet for a few days and we'll work him back into the regular foods the huskies have.

1add7c68c30c1af6f8629dd6e9c0c01a.jpg

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Archived