which would be better

gibbo3100

It really would depend on the husky and your family situation! If you have kids then personally i would go for a puppy as then you know it's background and you know that there most likely aren't any skeletons in it's closet. Whereas with a re-home you never really know what they would be like with children.

If it's just you, then i would say a rehome, either 1 or 2 would be fine!

hmmm tough question i have a rehome dog (bings - staffy x) and our husky (blaze) we got as a pup i wud deffo suggest lookin in2 a rehome 1st - it also depends on ur lifestyle - while its not deseriable to leave a husky on his/her own for a long period ov time - if you work long hours or have days when ur not gonna b around for a few hours i wud say get an older husky - as pups can only hold their bladders for a couple ov hours at a time where as an adult dog will b able 2 hold it longer - the only thing with a rehome - is alot ov the time u wont know their background - tho u cud try SWHA (raindog and terrysibe on here both help run it so it wud b an idea to talk to them) is there any reason ur thinking about one or the other?

its up to you :)

if you get a pup make sure to get one from a reptuable breeder who has had all the necessary health tests done on the parents, and that you see pups with the mum.

if you rescue talk to mick (raindog is his username on here), he runs SHWA (siberian husky welfare association), and will be able to give you more info, you can get some amazing dogs in rescue, not all of them come with problems, you get some that are in rescue just because of unfortunate situations, and the rescue will have carried out checks on all the dogs in their care so will be able to give you an idea of what problems there are, if any.

whatever route you decide to go down be sure to do plenty of research beforehand, sibes arent the easiest of breeds (which is why SHWA is overflowing), but they are an amazing one :) joining here is an excellent place to start! Have a look around at the different topics and ask plenty of questions, we're all here to help :)

my boys 17 months old and ill b the first 2 admit i didnt rly train him as a pup its a teeny bit harder - specially as hes going thru a grumpy teenager stage - but ive only bin training him for about a month/5 weeks now and hes pickin it up really quickly smile.gif so long as ur dedicated and put in the time effort and have the patience u will b able 2 train an older dog as well as u cud a pup smile.gif

also a good book 2 look in2 is - siberian huskies for dummies - its like the husky-owners bible lol its a rly good informative book :)

My Dakota was almost 1 when we took him in, and he's been an absolute delight (he's almost 2 now). No regrets, no problems with training, and he bonded quickly and settled right in. Of course, I know he came from a good family who just couldn't keep him -- I'm sure that helped!

We got Sabre when he was 18 months old and we were the 3rd ownersmellow.gif After the first couple of weeks settling in to his new house he has never been any trouble at all bonding with the whole family and my two kids. Personely i would look at rehoming a dog but thats just me, puppys sound like a lot of hard work although my previous two dogs we got at 8 weeks old and kept them through to 14/15 years old. You have to decide if you have the time to dedicate to a puppy or a little less time to dedicate to a older dog.Both require more time than you're average dog though.

i have two rehomes a 2yo boy and a 3 yo girl and they are great and yes i'd rehome another. also i have a almost 2yo boy i've had from a pup and to me there is no diff between them sept, the two rehome was already house trained and crate trained lol it is personal chose, but if just you i'd say do your reserch then rehome like you said there are so many needing a second chance xxxx good luck and keep us posted xx