My husky ate a bird?

Hello! 

So, this morning I let my dog outside to do her business, and I had to step away from the yard for a moment. When I came back to open the door for her, she had what looked like a feather sticking out of her mouth. She dropped it on the carpet to show me I guess. To me, it looked like the entire WING of a robin. We have a lot around here. No blood, and I found no feathery corpse outside. I found some small feathers by a bird bath we have out back, but that's it. My question is, did she eat the robin (I hope it got away), and if she did will my Xilo be okay?

image of the "gift" she brought me, it's probably a little grainy, but if anyone could let me know what they think. I'm freaking out here!

thank you.  

IMG_6684.JPG

I’m not an expert on the subject but I would have thought she’d likely be ok.
To be sure though, Keep an eye on her over the next day or two and if she starts acting out of character or becoming unwell, take her to the vets.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Mine try and sometimes catch birds in the garden... nothing ever happend to any of them...saves you some money on treats....

only risk is parasites like worms, you can feed husksy raw chicken wings and portions if your on the raw food diet

bones only become a problem once cooked

only thing you can do is make a bird safe zone by putting a fence up to keep dogs away from birds

Mine ate a chicken well more specifically she ripped the insides out and ate some parts just the other week but I've caught her eating birds on a few occasions and no issues here. I certainly don't intentionally let her but I'd say yours will be ok

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

My 2 haven’t managed to catch one but they do this ninja jump when they fly low, a friend of mine has a female that catches them really easy, she eats them and she’s not ill with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Update: Xilonen seems fine, she was acting kind of lethargic yesterday, but it could be because she just wanted to be next to the A/C vent. Today, she played with and possibly ate a dying carpenter bee. I hope it was the male because  the male doesn't sting. 🙄

Archived