Keeping dogs in

Alicia Doyle

Hey guys ive just moved house got an enclosed garden for the dogs let them out and they have stood on their 2 back legs and can almost see over the wall. Could they jump it? Have attatched video. Alan said he'd come ovder and build it one block higher but he said the walls are too thin to put more than one block up. Do you think they'll jump it and if so whats the best and cheapest way to make it higher so yheu cant jump over? 

Hi there gorgeous.  :wave:  how are you all settling in to the new place?   

Agree that the step up in front of the wall is basically like a stepping stool, could Alan do something with that?   Also agree with maybe a trellis or something to help build up the wall a bit. I've  heard Maz mention these rolling tube things to go on top of walls/fences but I literally have no idea about them other than they exist. :erm: 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys believe it or not they have not tried to get over that wall at all. We dont see or hear the neighbours over that wall. The other wall has no step up and penny has jumped over it many times luckilly she stays in that garden there is a small dog and kids the mother said she threw out chicken for her dog and penny jumped over and eat it. What are those roll on things on top of the wall that sounds good. We put this on top of the wall that we thought would keep her in but she's still jumping. a0d384b58bf2392e01705ba1f32de422.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The ones I’ve seen are different to the photo I’m showing you but you will get the idea......

IMG_1337.thumb.PNG.d72c53976f5870563c2cc7a5118e6c65.PNG

I’ve not tried them myself as mine never seem bothered to try to jump the fence thank goodness so no idea about how effective they are tbh.

I wonder if you could make your own? Using a plastic tube or something as an experiment? 🤷‍♀️

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

ask the neighbours if they mind you adding some trellis  to the walls to keep your dogs in.

removing that step the walls are sat on would be damn near impossible

The ones I’ve seen are different to the photo I’m showing you but you will get the idea......

IMG_1337.thumb.PNG.d72c53976f5870563c2cc7a5118e6c65.PNG

I’ve not tried them myself as mine never seem bothered to try to jump the fence thank goodness so no idea about how effective they are tbh.

I wonder if you could make your own? Using a plastic tube or something as an experiment? 🤷‍♀️

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

I must look into them dunno will they work coz she's jumping the wall clear but maybe i will look into them

How tall is the wall only...4' feet?? Maybe you could build at least a 6' wood fence outside the brick wall. Or you could build more rows up of brick on top of the wall using concrete in between.
I'm just throwing some ideas out. Something has to work.[emoji847][emoji191][emoji191]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

How tall is the wall only...4' feet?? Maybe you could build at least a 6' wood fence outside the brick wall. Or you could build more rows up of brick on top of the wall using concrete in between.
I'm just throwing some ideas out. Something has to work.[emoji847][emoji191][emoji191]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

Ive no idea ill ask alan how tall it is. Yep im going to have to do something. I just got a job so should have more money to do something now. Ive tied her to a long rope now. She will chew through it eventually but it will do for now. Im going to go to aldi next weekend and get more wooden fenc you put on top of the wall coz i dont think she's jumping the part where we put that up

Archived