we may have a harness partner!!!

on the way to my mums tonight (which is where we are now) we saw an absolutely gorgeous sibe, sort of wolf coloured (if anyones seen chez's skye he was a bit like that but bigger lol) I sneakily caught up and cut them off to say hi lmao and we had a chat, I asked her if she'd ever ran him in harness and she said no but she'd really like to give it a go, so i gave her my number and now im just waiting for a text from her :D

we should be meeting up once kira's finished her season (he had balls lol) and so we'll soon see if kira runs better with a partner! :)

Do you reckon it's likely that she will become more focused if shes running with a partner?? I hope she will, I mean if he gets into it surely she wont have time to stop and sniff lol

on the way to my mums tonight (which is where we are now) we saw an absolutely gorgeous sibe, sort of wolf coloured (if anyones seen chez's skye he was a bit like that but bigger lol) I sneakily caught up and cut them off to say hi lmao and we had a chat, I asked her if she'd ever ran him in harness and she said no but she'd really like to give it a go, so i gave her my number and now im just waiting for a text from her biggrin.gif

we should be meeting up once kira's finished her season (he had balls lol) and so we'll soon see if kira runs better with a partner! smile.gif

Do you reckon it's likely that she will become more focused if shes running with a partner?? I hope she will, I mean if he gets into it surely she wont have time to stop and sniff lol

Well apparently having a partner can get them being more competative and wanting to out run the other so maybe it will help! Fingers crossed for you hon! biggrin.gif

aww that's great sid - i'd say having a running partner can only be a good thing but before you run them make sure you have them together a fair bit - walking playing etc so you know they will get on - nothing worse than 2 sibes fighting on a rig

Yup having a partner definitely increases drive!!!!! If they get along well, if you shorten the neckline to keep them running right close together that increases speed too! Hope they get on and you can hook them up together, its mega fun! If they dont like running next to each other but he has good focus and loves to run, you could also try hooking them up with him out in front of her so she ends up "chasing" him. That can increase drive too.

Yup having a partner definitely increases drive!!!!! If they get along well, if you shorten the neckline to keep them running right close together that increases speed too! Hope they get on and you can hook them up together, its mega fun! If they dont like running next to each other but he has good focus and loves to run, you could also try hooking them up with him out in front of her so she ends up "chasing" him. That can increase drive too.

Is there any way to do the 2nd way with my line? i have a 2 dog line, it has a built in shock, then a gangline, then it goes into a V... its all one thing to theres no way of taking any bits off...

Havent tried them yet, gotta wait a few weeks 1st (tho i could put her up front, then we'd go REAL fast!!! lmfao) but im sure they'll get on fine :) he seems like a lovely boy :)

His names sky :)

sid you can get a staggered 2 dog line , i am thinking of getting one for when i run sisko/ kavik as she messes about if next to him. she is better running behind on a 3 dog team when i run them. With the staggered lines i can run kavik a short distance ahead of her. You can get them from FORSTALS they are in thetford area. I can pm you there number if you like .