What do you do with their poop bags?

mattman17

So living in Florida it gets hot year round and the last thing I want is bags of dog poop in my garage heating up and smelling horrible all week while I wait for garbage day. What I have come up with something I like to call the “PoopChute” to store the bags outside while waiting for garbage day as to avoid smelling the garage and seeping into the house.

What this consists of is a 3” PVC tube at 3’ in length. At the bottom I have a threaded 3” PVC cap with holes drilled in it to allow for any fluids that get in to drip out. For the top portion I have placed a 3” PVC 90degree bend so that I do not need to open it up to dispose of bags and is curved to avoid as much rain getting in as possible. I then painted it the color of the rain gutter spout and used large zip ties to secure it to the spout. To empty you just hold your garbage bag under it and unscrew the cap to let the bags fall out.

Let me know what y’allthink about my design as it is the 3rd version I have created and the best one yet!!! Also I’m interested in what everyone else does to store those 2-5 bags of stinky poop while waiting for trash pick up.

I can get more pics if people are interested in seeing how it’s made so they could make their own. Looking forward to all of your thoughts on this.

a7906de5b9d1ddff1148fec8a1f03334.jpg&key=c4fd1bb7eeb353546bb6be73238710061c73e8fe34b49571c7de5a2d24abc219

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just chuck them in the bin on the route that i walk...our council gives away free poobags, there is a dispenser next to the public bin...easy peasy...

I just chuck them in the bin on the route that i walk...our council gives away free poobags, there is a dispenser next to the public bin...easy peasy...

Unfortunately where we live does not supply anything and poop bags are supplied by each individual owner and disposed of however they decide. That is when they actually pick up their dogs crap......

we used to have that as well until they thought of this experiment ...which is now permanent... and it is proven that 65% more dog poo is being picked up...

Most of the parks we go to provide poop bags and trash bins...but my son and his wife use the pet genie!!

Local parks here provide bags and bins as well but I’m more talking about around the home.

I looked into the pet genie and is one of the reasons I made this. Pet genie cost $10-$20 depending on where you buy and then you need to spend $10-$20 a month on the refills. With my set up it cost $15 in materials and I use my old plastic groceries so no recurring cost to remove the poop. Pet Genie is nice but I didn’t want the additional monthly cost for it when I already spend a fortune on my dogs food treats and toys lol

18 minutes ago, mattman17 said:

Local parks here provide bags and bins as well but I’m more talking about around the home.

I looked into the pet genie and is one of the reasons I made this. Pet genie cost $10-$20 depending on where you buy and then you need to spend $10-$20 a month on the refills. With my set up it cost $15 in materials and I use my old plastic groceries so no recurring cost to remove the poop. Pet Genie is nice but I didn’t want the additional monthly cost for it when I already spend a fortune on my dogs food treats and toys lol

We live in more of a country setting so their are no sidewalks to safely walk our dogs around our neighborhood, so basically we use the poop to put in the holes they dig in their one acre fenced play yard...:D

poop bag and bin, when i used to have a garden I would put it in a used shopping bag and dump that in a road side bin on a walk. not really that had to carry a few collected poops in a bag to a bin down the road.

I hate the people people who pick up the poop in bags and then just drop them or worse toss the bags into tree's and bushes. if they were not going to get rid of it correctly they may have well just left it on the ground so the rain would wash it away not leave a trail of stinking bags blowing in the wind all around the forest and hill walks

Looks like a good idea! Any in the garden I pick up and bag and leave by the back gate ready for bin day!!
Our local park had plenty of bins emptied often, but you still get people not picking up!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Archived