60 days pregnant

Darksunshine

She hasnt been in labor yet. Im sitting in her whelping room with her right now and she was just sleeping in her whelping box. But as i was typing this she got up and started panting and has dropped to 36.4c (97.52f) she is now walking around panting then laying down to try and sleep then back to walking around. She is just starting her 64th day

Her temperature going down means she is in labor. You might get lucky and have pups by the end of the day. I read something that said they could go to 69 days with out giving birth and be fine. Never seen it just read it so she should still be okay [emoji2][emoji2]

Sent from my Pixel using Husky Owners mobile app

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is not uncommon for them to go to day 69 with a first time mamma. It has happened to me. Just take it one day at a time. Her actions are normal. She should stand and walk in a circle (sometimes several circles) and then sit and lick herself and repeat. That is her getting the pups in position and helps them move down the horn. Canines have 2 horns instead of a uterus to house the puppies in and the pups are divided in both. She will birth one horn, take a break and then birth the second horn. 

Im thinking she might have them today or in the middle of the night. Im just sticking beside her telling her how good shes doing and that shes okay. She has done the circle thing a few times also digging and picking up her blankets and pulling at them trying to rearrange them. She is cleaning herself alot as well.

DSC00162.JPG

DSC00163.JPG

32 minutes ago, Darksunshine said:

Im thinking she might have them today or in the middle of the night. Im just sticking beside her telling her how good shes doing and that shes okay. She has done the circle thing a few times also digging and picking up her blankets and pulling at them trying to rearrange them. She is cleaning herself alot as well.

DSC00162.JPG

DSC00163.JPG

Keep us posted. Great pics!

Your Beautiful Baby is looking great & happy!!
Ok, Mama's temp has dropped...good sign!! In labor now (yay)! She should start delivery within the next 24hours. Have a Vet# and/or Emergency Vet# close by...always great to have in case you have questions. Stay calm & relaxed...Mama will do most of the work.
You're doing GREAT by the way!!
[emoji171][emoji178][emoji274][emoji4]

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

DSC00162.thumb.JPG.11cb96792d6d59cd7a8d843ca511bd07.JPG
DSC00163.thumb.JPG.5974ecc50cc5021499386b4236176528.JPG

I love the pictures We are all praying for today [emoji2] Your doing awesome [emoji4] Nesting she is nesting that's a great sign [emoji4][emoji178][emoji171][emoji171][emoji171][emoji191][emoji252]

Thinking this is the real deal. She just went to potty pooping in 3 different spots, Then a bit later she went to try again and nothing came out. She then grabbed a toy and brought it to her whelping box and has been giving it a bath for about 5 minutes now.

That is really cute you should take a picture of that [emoji2] On the licking the toy I'm not to sure what that really means. She is taking care of it just the same as she would take care of her puppies. This could mean they have finally moved down the first horn and starting down the second I have know idea [emoji23] But @Huskys At Play will. [emoji4][emoji4]

That's just precious she has her toy and being a mother to it!! That means she's super READY with her Mama INSTINCTS!!
1)This next 24hours are so so important. Keep taking her temp about 2-3 times a day. Her temperature should remain at or below 99degrees and should not start to get higher until she starts delivery. Pay good attention to all of her movements...digging/clawing, moving blankets around, laying down here & there, getting up, circling, etc. She may vomit her last meal, then start delivery, getting super anxious & moving around alot.
2)YOU'LL NOTICE A SIGNIFICANT CHANGE IN BEHAVIOR WITH ALL THE REPEATED MOVEMENTS...THIS IS WHEN YOU'LL REALIZE IT'S FINALLY *TIME*!!![emoji120]
3) HELPFUL TIPS: Since it is night time, here are things you can do to help Mama & pups (IF NEEDED):
*Have your Vet# and ER Vet# on hand bcuz you may have to call for questions.
**Keep a KIT close by with SUPPLIES (extra towels, rubber gloves, scissors, clamps, etc.).
4)At this point, delivering the first pup usually is the hardest bcuz it's starting the process. Delivery of the first pup should not last much longer than about 2-3hours to get things rolling. If it's gone past that timeframe, you should call Vet to ask questions as their could be possibly a problem like a pup stuck in birthing canal. You may have to help Mama along getting first pup out with the help of your Vet over phone with detailed instructions to assist with delivery. Your Vet or ER Vet will guide you to start the process.
5)Hopefully all will go smoothly/great with first pup!! (You can observe exactly how Mama cleans first pup up, then helps pup start nursing.) Once the first pup comes, the others should not take too long in between each other to come. This can vary though.
6)Make sure Mama does not accidentally ignore any of the pups bcuz some times it cannot be helped. Also, make sure she's not laying on one. When she has the first, she'll lick over the pup's body, cleaning/eating the placenta etc., (esp licking the nose & mouth).
7)You can help by making sure each pup is "breathing/moving." You may have to take a towel and gently wipe the pup's nose & mouth to get it breathing. (Mama should be taking care of all this, but can miss one due to all that's going on.)
8) After she cleans first pup, make sure Mama helps it to latch on to start nursing. If she doesn't do this, you can help the pup latch on and watch the pup to see if it is actually nursing and not just going through the motions.
9)If you happen to see a pup delivered but not moving, stay calm, do not panic, and do not give up. This happens some times. Pick the pup up, gently wipe/clean its face (nose/mouth) and start massaging/rubbing gently (with your thumb & forefinger using BOTH hands). Massage around its shoulders...this should help it start breathing. (If it starts breathing, put pup down to latch on/start nursing.) If it is not breathing, keep gently rubbing it. If still having trouble breathing, hold the pup with its head UP in your hand and (you "gently" turn your body and move in a half circle), lightly swinging pup around the half circle along with you. (Just don't do this too hard.) This light force should help shake out any fluid trapped in lungs.
10)If pup is still not breathing, do NOT give up. Again, keep gently rubbing it around his shoulders while using thumb/forefinger & both hands. Continue to massage pup. Keep checking to see if the pup starts moving & breathing. If you cannot get pup to breathe, call Vet/ER VET# for guidance.
This happens quite a bit. Usually you can get it to breathe and then help it latch on for nursing. (If you would think a pup "didn't make it," a lot of times it will just finally start breathing on its own. That's why it's so important to not give up and stay positive. (I've seen this happen during my friend's dog's delivery...it was just amazing! Also, I've seen it on dog shows, etc.)
11) You'll have to cut the cord on each pup. Do not cut the cord to short. Leave a good 1-2inches or whatever your Vet has guided you to do.
12) Make sure all puppies have "latched on" and are actually nursing. (BREATHE!!)
13)Mama will continue to be checking on her puppies, licking them, etc. You can always lay some extra towels around her...she'll move them around if needed.
14)Mama is of course going to be a very tired Mama! Make sure Mama has PLENTY OF FOOD and COOL WATER at ALL TIMES. She'll be eating continuously and needing lots of water. You can mix some high protein puppy food in with her adult food. She's going to need lots of high protein food to help her keep her own strength and for her fast, growing pups to be strong!! After mixing half&half food, you can put her on straight high protein puppy food throughout her entire nursing if you'd like. She will become thinner (to be expected), which is where the puppy food comes into play to help her and those beautiful pups.
15)She will nurse her pups through at least (8-12weeks and some times longer). Just let her decide when she will start weening her pups. You don't want her pups to be taken from her prematurely until she starts the process.
[emoji169]I HOPE THESE TIPS ARE HELPFUL. USUALLY, HUSKY MAMAs DO GREAT ON THEIR OWN AND HARDLY EVER NEED ASSISTANCE WITH THE ENTIRE BIRTHING. I WANTED TO GIVE SOME TIPS IN CASE THERE WOULD BE ANY PROBLEMS (SINCE DELIVERY COULD BE IN THE *MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT*). ALSO, DON'T FORGET TO CALL YOUR VET IF YOU NEED ANY HELP!! HOPEFULLY, SHE IS IN LABOR NOW!![emoji169]
THIS IS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL & EXCITING EXPERIENCE FOR YOU ALL!!!
[emoji171][emoji179] PRAYING FOR MAMA & PUPS[emoji179][emoji171]
[emoji178][emoji252][emoji252][emoji252][emoji252][emoji252][emoji252][emoji274]

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

P.S. You can always take Mama for a short walk around the house. This can help start the process if it is being somewhat delayed.[emoji171][emoji178][emoji274][emoji179]

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

21 minutes ago, ARMANI & ALINAH said:

That's just precious she has her toy and being a mother to it!! That means she's super READY with her Mama INSTINCTS!!
1)This next 24hours are so so important. Keep taking her temp about 2-3 times a day. Her temperature should remain at or below 99degrees and should not start to get higher until she starts delivery. Pay good attention to all of her movements...digging/clawing, moving blankets around, laying down here & there, getting up, circling, etc. She may vomit her last meal, then start delivery, getting super anxious & moving around alot.
2)YOU'LL NOTICE A SIGNIFICANT CHANGE IN BEHAVIOR WITH ALL THE REPEATED MOVEMENTS...THIS IS WHEN YOU'LL REALIZE IT'S FINALLY *TIME*!!!emoji120.png
3) HELPFUL TIPS: Since it is night time, here are things you can do to help Mama & pups (IF NEEDED):
*Have your Vet# and ER Vet# on hand bcuz you may have to call for questions.
**Keep a KIT close by with SUPPLIES (extra towels, rubber gloves, scissors, clamps, etc.).
4)At this point, delivering the first pup usually is the hardest bcuz it's starting the process. Delivery of the first pup should not last much longer than about 2-3hours to get things rolling. If it's gone past that timeframe, you should call Vet to ask questions as their could be possibly a problem like a pup stuck in birthing canal. You may have to help Mama along getting first pup out with the help of your Vet over phone with detailed instructions to assist with delivery. Your Vet or ER Vet will guide you to start the process.
5)Hopefully all will go smoothly/great with first pup!! (You can observe exactly how Mama cleans first pup up, then helps pup start nursing.) Once the first pup comes, the others should not take too long in between each other to come. This can vary though.
6)Make sure Mama does not accidentally ignore any of the pups bcuz some times it cannot be helped. Also, make sure she's not laying on one. When she has the first, she'll lick over the pup's body, cleaning/eating the placenta etc., (esp licking the nose & mouth).
7)You can help by making sure each pup is "breathing/moving." You may have to take a towel and gently wipe the pup's nose & mouth to get it breathing. (Mama should be taking care of all this, but can miss one due to all that's going on.)
8) After she cleans first pup, make sure Mama helps it to latch on to start nursing. If she doesn't do this, you can help the pup latch on and watch the pup to see if it is actually nursing and not just going through the motions.
9)If you happen to see a pup delivered but not moving, stay calm, do not panic, and do not give up. This happens some times. Pick the pup up, gently wipe/clean its face (nose/mouth) and start massaging/rubbing gently (with your thumb & forefinger using BOTH hands). Massage around its shoulders...this should help it start breathing. (If it starts breathing, put pup down to latch on/start nursing.) If it is not breathing, keep gently rubbing it. If still having trouble breathing, hold the pup with its head UP in your hand and (you "gently" turn your body and move in a half circle), lightly swinging pup around the half circle along with you. (Just don't do this too hard.) This light force should help shake out any fluid trapped in lungs.
10)If pup is still not breathing, do NOT give up. Again, keep gently rubbing it around his shoulders while using thumb/forefinger & both hands. Continue to massage pup. Keep checking to see if the pup starts moving & breathing. If you cannot get pup to breathe, call Vet/ER VET# for guidance.
This happens quite a bit. Usually you can get it to breathe and then help it latch on for nursing. (If you would think a pup "didn't make it," a lot of times it will just finally start breathing on its own. That's why it's so important to not give up and stay positive. (I've seen this happen during my friend's dog's delivery...it was just amazing! Also, I've seen it on dog shows, etc.)
11) You'll have to cut the cord on each pup. Do not cut the cord to short. Leave a good 1-2inches or whatever your Vet has guided you to do.
12) Make sure all puppies have "latched on" and are actually nursing. (BREATHE!!)
13)Mama will continue to be checking on her puppies, licking them, etc. You can always lay some extra towels around her...she'll move them around if needed.
14)Mama is of course going to be a very tired Mama! Make sure Mama has PLENTY OF FOOD and COOL WATER at ALL TIMES. She'll be eating continuously and needing lots of water. You can mix some high protein puppy food in with her adult food. She's going to need lots of high protein food to help her keep her own strength and for her fast, growing pups to be strong!! After mixing half&half food, you can put her on straight high protein puppy food throughout her entire nursing if you'd like. She will become thinner (to be expected), which is where the puppy food comes into play to help her and those beautiful pups.
15)She will nurse her pups through at least (8-12weeks and some times longer). Just let her decide when she will start weening her pups. You don't want her pups to be taken from her prematurely until she starts the process.
emoji169.pngI HOPE THESE TIPS ARE HELPFUL. USUALLY, HUSKY MAMAs DO GREAT ON THEIR OWN AND HARDLY EVER NEED ASSISTANCE WITH THE ENTIRE BIRTHING. I WANTED TO GIVE SOME TIPS IN CASE THERE WOULD BE ANY PROBLEMS (SINCE DELIVERY COULD BE IN THE *MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT*). ALSO, DON'T FORGET TO CALL YOUR VET IF YOU NEED ANY HELP!! HOPEFULLY, SHE IS IN LABOR NOW!!emoji169.png
THIS IS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL & EXCITING EXPERIENCE FOR YOU ALL!!!
emoji171.pngemoji179.png PRAYING FOR MAMA & PUPSemoji179.pngemoji171.png
emoji178.pngemoji252.pngemoji252.pngemoji252.pngemoji252.pngemoji252.pngemoji252.pngemoji274.png

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

P.S. You can always take Mama for a short walk around the house. This can help start the process if it is being somewhat delayed.emoji171.pngemoji178.pngemoji274.pngemoji179.png

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

No no no.... Do not cut the cord on your own if you don't know what you are doing!!!!! Mamma will do that herself. You can cut it wrong and cause an umbilical hernia. You don't need clamps or anything. Just let mamma do her thing. You just make sure they are dry and warm and not being stepped on and that they latch on within a few hours. They don't always come out hungry so keep track of which ones do and which ones don't to make sure by time they are all born they should all be fighting for their spot. Sorry Angie, I mean no disrespect to you. I know you are excited and mean well. 😘😘😘

Thanks for all the amazing advice guys. I have been getting her to walk around the kitchen island. I just took her temprature and it was at 98.96. Ive just been letting her do her do her own thing so far besides encouraging her to walk. Im just going to be here just in case she needs help. Im just nervous i may forget something. I have been doing alot of research. She has thrown up three times now. Pooped about a million tiny poops and at one point it was just clear liquid and peed a million little pees too. Hoping she delivers soon, She is now walking around the house on her own and she wont let me be more than a meter away from her usually. She hasnt had any food at all today. (her choice) and is having a lil bit of water at a time. I just got told that the er vet here is understaffed so usually you have to wait for someone to call you back so i am not impressed with that at all.

She is in labor that's what the temperature dropping means. Hang in there [emoji4] It could be a long day/ night I don't know where you live so I don't know what time it is lol [emoji23] puking is normal they will do that. She seems to be all normal [emoji4][emoji7][emoji8][emoji8][emoji170][emoji179][emoji179][emoji171][emoji171][emoji171] Hopefully they will start popping out lol [emoji23]🤣

Archived