60 days pregnant

Darksunshine

Hi my Husky is 60 days pregnant (as of midnight) and she has had a temp under 100 for just over 24 hours. I have only been taking her temp since then as i didnt have a thermometer till then. She has been showing signs off and on, whining, pacing and occaional nesting, right now she is sleeping on the floor but she goes in and out of her whelping box. She has also been having discharge on and off (stringy and clear in color) She has only eaten a small handfull of food today and has not drank much at all. Im just wondering if labor is getting close and any other signs i can look for?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably best to ring your vets or the breeder who mentored you when u decided to breed , we're not a breeding site just a forum for husky lovers and owners and can only help so much , sadly not many , if any of us have experience with breeding , hope your girl is ok

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

Hi my Husky Natasha is 60 days pregnant (as of midnight) and she has had a temp under 100 for just over 24 hours. I have only been taking her temp since then as i didnt have a thermometer till then. She has been showing signs off and on, whining, pacing and occaional nesting, right now she is sleeping on the floor but she goes in and out of her whelping box. She has also been having discharge on and off (stringy and clear in color) She has only eaten a small handfull of food today and has not drank much at all. Im just wondering if labor is getting close and any other signs i can look for?

Okay her temperature is going down she is coming into labor everything else you described is normal for a husky in labor. They don't eat much or drink much. The discharge can happen eight weeks after they have the babies. Your girl is coming into labour [emoji2][emoji2][emoji171][emoji171][emoji173]️[emoji173]️ Your are very lucky [emoji252][emoji252][emoji177][emoji177][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2] Nesting she is close very close to having her pups [emoji4][emoji173]️[emoji173]️ I actually dont see any reason to call your vet maybe just for I think she is going to labour I may need you an emergency but everything is normal [emoji2][emoji2]

Sent from my Pixel using Husky Owners mobile app

13 hours ago, Darksunshine said:

Hi my Husky Natasha is 60 days pregnant (as of midnight) and she has had a temp under 100 for just over 24 hours. I have only been taking her temp since then as i didnt have a thermometer till then. She has been showing signs off and on, whining, pacing and occaional nesting, right now she is sleeping on the floor but she goes in and out of her whelping box. She has also been having discharge on and off (stringy and clear in color) She has only eaten a small handfull of food today and has not drank much at all. Im just wondering if labor is getting close and any other signs i can look for?

I am an experienced breeder, you should have a mentor helping you with this. I am sorry if you are going through this alone. Messaging is a difficult way to mentor someone through a process like this. Every dog is different. I know you have read that they will stop eating before they go into labor but I have had mom's that have eaten an hour before first birth. They can appear like they are ready for several days before actually giving birth. I can try to help with questions. But you should have a vet on standby in case she does need a C-section. The only true sign is the breaking of the amniotic sac in which a flood of fluid will come out. Shortly after you should have your first pup. Or if the sack does not break ahead of time, you will see her pushing out a water balloon that will eventually break. Do not pull on the puppy to help out, you do not want to dislocate anything. The signs you are seeing now can last up to  7days. 

I am an experienced breeder, you should have a mentor helping you with this. I am sorry if you are going through this alone. Messaging is a difficult way to mentor someone through a process like this. Every dog is different. I know you have read that they will stop eating before they go into labor but I have had mom's that have eaten an hour before first birth. They can appear like they are ready for several days before actually giving birth. I can try to help with questions. But you should have a vet on standby in case she does need a C-section. The only true sign is the breaking of the amniotic sac in which a flood of fluid will come out. Shortly after you should have your first pup. Or if the sack does not break ahead of time, you will see her pushing out a water balloon that will eventually break. Do not pull on the puppy to help out, you do not want to dislocate anything. The signs you are seeing now can last up to  7days. 

Good advice all of it 🤗🤗🤗[emoji177][emoji177]

2 minutes ago, Markie said:

Good advice all of it 🤗🤗🤗emoji177.pngemoji177.png

Thanks Markie, you are right, there is no reason to take her to a vet at this time. Most huskies through proper breeding and a good diet and exercise program will deliver just fine on their own without any help. 

Thanks Markie, you are right, there is no reason to take her to a vet at this time. Most huskies through proper breeding and a good diet and exercise program will deliver just fine on their own without any help. 

Thank you [emoji4][emoji4] I'm completely agreeing with hard to mentor people over text but it can be done [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2] It helps to have a breeder on here to help [emoji5]️[emoji5]️[emoji5]️[emoji173]️[emoji171][emoji171][emoji177][emoji177][emoji179]

2 minutes ago, Markie said:

Thank you emoji4.pngemoji4.png I'm completely agreeing with hard to mentor people over text but it can be done emoji2.pngemoji2.pngemoji2.png It helps to have a breeder on here to help emoji5.pngemoji5.pngemoji5.pngemoji173.pngemoji171.pngemoji171.pngemoji177.pngemoji177.pngemoji179.png

Thanks Markie, I just don't want to see anyone worrying so much. I know how nervous I was my first time. I had the best mentor. He was a vet that had golden retrievers that he showed and bred. He and my many years of experience gave me the confidence I have today. Just when you think you experienced it all, something new comes up. If I can help in any way, I will. ❤️😊

Thanks Markie, I just don't want to see anyone worrying so much. I know how nervous I was my first time. I had the best mentor. He was a vet that had golden retrievers that he showed and bred. He and my many years of experience gave me the confidence I have today. Just when you think you experienced it all, something new comes up. If I can help in any way, I will. [emoji173]️[emoji4]

Yeah wording doesnt help anything really [emoji3][emoji179] Nervous is almost an understatement lol [emoji23] I had friends parents [emoji4][emoji4] And now friends that I help [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16] I try to stay confident most of the time sometimes it wavers hahaha [emoji4] [emoji191] I LOVE helping people [emoji178][emoji177][emoji252][emoji252][emoji179][emoji179]

Yeah worrying not working lol I'm sorry [emoji23][emoji16]

I only mention and recommend taking all pregnant Mamas to Vets very close to delivery to get complete check & have an XRay to ensure the positioning of the first pup is not going breach and to tell how the positioning is with the others pups (except you don't know exactly how every pup will come out). XRays do give a pretty good gage of how many pups are in there. If my girl ever got pregnant, I would take Mama to Vet for all three stages throughout pregnancy. (It's of course not a requirement) but a personal choice...plus I'm a worrier and will spend extra dollars for my own piece of mind but especially the well being of Mama/pups.
I'm praying@MARKIE that WINTER has a beautiful delivery!! Also a beautiful delivery for your Mama too@DarkSunshine!!!
[emoji8][emoji252][emoji252][emoji252][emoji252][emoji252][emoji252][emoji252][emoji252][emoji178][emoji178][emoji171][emoji274]

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

I only mention and recommend taking all pregnant Mamas to Vets very close to delivery to get complete check & have an XRay to ensure the positioning of the first pup is not going breach and to tell how the positioning is with the others pups (except you don't know exactly how every pup will come out). XRays do give a pretty good gage of how many pups are in there. If my girl ever got pregnant, I would take Mama to Vet for all three stages throughout pregnancy. (It's of course not a requirement) but a personal choice...plus I'm a worrier and will spend extra dollars for my own piece of mind but especially the well being of Mama/pups.
I'm praying[mention=15058]MARKIE[/mention] that WINTER has a beautiful delivery!! Also a beautiful delivery for your Mama too[mention=15200]DarkSunshine[/mention]!!!
[emoji8][emoji252][emoji252][emoji252][emoji252][emoji252][emoji252][emoji252][emoji252][emoji178][emoji178][emoji171][emoji274]

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

If ALINAH ever got pregnant momma I would be there that day no questions and stay for the 63 days to help keep the worry out [emoji4][emoji4][emoji178][emoji178][emoji177][emoji179][emoji179][emoji179][emoji179][emoji252][emoji252] X-RAYS do okay with the puppy Gage thing but they can't really see them tell about day 50-55 also on day 22 they can take a blood test that tells if the husky in question is pregnant there will be a different hormone running through the blood stream [emoji4][emoji4] They could also ultrasound but you have to shave the husky for that and it's just not worth it even if it is only on the tummy [emoji6] The ultrasound can be done between 30-45 and it can give you sort of a figure you can also do it between 50-55 just like with pregnant women to kind of see what's in there. [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4] I'm hoping and praying for the best for you and your puppies@DarkSunshine [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji7][emoji8][emoji178][emoji252][emoji177][emoji177][emoji179][emoji179][emoji177][emoji177][emoji177][emoji177][emoji179][emoji179][emoji179][emoji178] Puppies are such a joyful thing 🤗🤗🤗

I'm sorry the nerd part of me came out hahaha [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji23][emoji23]

4 hours ago, ARMANI & ALINAH said:

I'm praying@MARKIE that WINTER has a beautiful delivery!! Also a beautiful delivery for your Mama too@DarkSunshine!!!
emoji8.pngemoji252.pngemoji252.pngemoji252.pngemoji252.pngemoji252.pngemoji252.pngemoji252.pngemoji252.pngemoji178.pngemoji178.pngemoji171.pngemoji274.png

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

Angie, everyone has to do what makes them comfortable. If that would make you feel better it is just fine to take her to the vet. I'm just saying it is not necessary. Puppies do come out breech. My girls have had several breech babies with no difficulty at all. It is not the same as humans and a breech birth. I personally prefer not to subject my girls to x-rays during pregnancy. The last thing I need is a nervous mommy resulting in a bad case of the runs which is not good for her or the babies she is carrying. Everyone has their own preference. I am skilled in feeling for the puppies by palpation using my hands and listening to heartbeats with a special stethoscope. So it is easy for me to know when the last one is out. Some prefer to use xrays to get a count (not always accurate) to know when she has delivered her last one. Everyone needs to do the best thing for them according to their experience and comfort levels. 💕 I have no doubt your sweet babies are in the best hands with you. You have such a kind heart and it shows in everything you write 💞🤗 i am glad I am getting to know you. My grandmother was 100% Cherokee Indian. So we have a little something in common😊.

Your right, it's not necessary or required for Vet visits near end of pregnancy. I'm not experienced at all with breeding. Just know some things from my friends and being their at birth time. Mine are both neutered/spayed thank Goodness. But I would personally love going thru the entire 63days/birth if I ever get another female. But since I'm a worrier and have anxiety, it would not be good for me to have puppies LOL!!
Definitely we are the Cherokee Gals!!
[emoji8][emoji171][emoji171][emoji260][emoji274][emoji262]

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

7 minutes ago, ARMANI & ALINAH said:

Your right, it's not necessary or required for Vet visits near end of pregnancy. I'm not experienced at all with breeding. Just know some things from my friends and being their at birth time. Mine are both neutered/spayed thank Goodness. But I would personally love going thru the entire 63days/birth if I ever get another female. But since I'm a worrier and have anxiety, it would not be good for me to have puppies LOL!!
Definitely we are the Cherokee Gals!!
emoji8.pngemoji171.pngemoji171.pngemoji260.pngemoji274.pngemoji262.png

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

You have such a sweet soul Angie. I believe you would do just fine. You would feel like you just got off a roller coaster of emotions when done and you would keep ALL the babies if you could because you would be so attached to them😘💕❤️💞🤗

@DarkSunshine ~ How is Mama NATASHA doing?? I think it's day 61/62 for her. She is definitely getting ready for labor, if not in labor now. Please keep us posted & ask any questions. We are all routing you & Mama on!! Then after delivery, photos pretty please!!
🤗[emoji178][emoji252][emoji274][emoji171][emoji170][emoji178]

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

Update: Natasha is doing great. She is back to loving being pregnant. Her temperature went up to above 100 and is starting to drop again today. She is now 62 days and walking around the house and playing still. She is also in and out of her box nesting and extremly clingy. She has gotten really good with taking her temp as well and trys to help out with it by licking my hand. I havnt been sleeping because im watching her close. I did get some last night though when she cuddled up to me :) This is Natasha and the Daddy dog.

DSC00113.JPG

Update: Natasha is doing great. She is back to loving being pregnant. Her temperature went up to above 100 and is starting to drop again today. She is now 62 days and walking around the house and playing still. She is also in and out of her box nesting and extremly clingy. She has gotten really good with taking her temp as well and trys to help out with it by licking my hand. I havnt been sleeping because im watching her close. I did get some last night though when she cuddled up to me [emoji4] This is Natasha and the Daddy dog.
DSC00113.thumb.JPG.a6711aea36b708e355a82b62713fa675.JPG

That is great to hear [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7] Those two make the perfect pair [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4] It always great when they get clingy and want lots of love [emoji8][emoji8][emoji8][emoji171][emoji173]️[emoji170][emoji178][emoji178][emoji178]

@DarkSunshine
Beautiful photo of NATASHA & DADDY!! Her pups are going to be beauties!! Get any rest you can now before the BIG DAY!! So very EXCITED for you all!!
[emoji3][emoji178][emoji170][emoji274][emoji260][emoji262][emoji252][emoji252][emoji252][emoji252][emoji252][emoji171]

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

How is she doing?? Has she been in labor yet?? [emoji7][emoji7][emoji8][emoji8][emoji8][emoji170][emoji178][emoji179][emoji179][emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji178][emoji178][emoji179][emoji179][emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji170][emoji170]

She hasnt been in labor yet. Im sitting in her whelping room with her right now and she was just sleeping in her whelping box. But as i was typing this she got up and started panting and has dropped to 36.4c (97.52f) she is now walking around panting then laying down to try and sleep then back to walking around. She is just starting her 64th day

Archived