Bathing my Husky

KimHuskyMom

I have been a Husky mom for about two weeks now. Things are going well and we are learning a lot about each other every day. I have a general question regarding bathing my Husky. (I am trying not to overwhelm the adoption agency with too many questions, so I thought I would ask everyone here for some guidance.)  How often should I bathe my Husky?  Also, do you find it is easier to do at home, or take to a facility?  There is a pet store very close to my home, and they have shower facilities. Also, is there a special type of soap or shampoo I should use on him? (He is about 3 years old.)  Thanks!!

wash my about once a year, Unless they get into something they should not have been in, we use the hose outside in the garden... and some doggy sensitive shampoo...

Thanks. I do have a plastic baby pool, so bathing him outside with the hose is another option. He was just bathed before our adoption day, so he should be good for a while then, unless he gets into something. like you said.

We got ours at 12 weeks old and he was living in a barn with Cows, we had to bathe him the day we took him home, trying not to overwhelm him we made it a 'game' we filled the jaccuzzi tub with water (obviously didnt use the jaccuzzi features) and kind of let him walk around in it and used an oatmeal shampoo to 'wash him' and just used a pitcher to slowly pour water over him to wash him off, seemed fine with it.  He's had a few 'hose baths' due to messes since then and seems fine with them also, actually seems to prefer the cooler water.

Usually I try to get them groomed twice a year, but it's been over a year for them.  I do it mainly to manage the large amounts of shedding!  I find it easier to take them somewhere to get groomed and bathed.

Archived