Won't stop biting

RaidensMama

Hi! I'm new to this group!! I have an almost 3 month old husky named Raiden. But we can't go near him without him biting! It's not to inflict pain, it's playful biting but we've tried everything to get him to realize it's painful and he doesn't seem to get it. Has anyone had this problem? Will he grow out of it? 90fc2e5508fe51a1d6180e686294b7fa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

I still have this problem with my 6 months old Luna. We try to say "ouch" very loudly so she realises it hurts and she stops, but then she goes back to it again [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-N910T using Husky Owners mobile app

Same here. I don't know what to do

Usually redirecting with a toy , yelping like a puppy or leaving the room so the fun stops is what works best , find one method that he responds to the most and stick with it he'll soon learn it'll just take a bit of time and patience

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

It's common when they're teething to bite, when my two were doing it I always had a chew toy on me and gave it to them, then I'd put them in the kitchen or garden and they'd play. Puppy teeth are like needles but their adult teeth are much stronger, best to correct it early on than risk a bite from adult teeth even in play. It's a learning curve when their puppies and teaching them boundaries is essential at this age.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

• 1 month later...

Indeed a Hasle.. my 9 week old is playfully biting as well.. We created the habit to say "no" "shss" remove him from the room/ lock him in another room at the first nip, be it at our clothes or hands... Most times we just say no and give him a chew toy, if he sticks to it we stay, if not, we go to method 1..

been doing this for a week since we got him, and hes gotten better, but still forgets sometimes and nips us.. Its funny cause sometimes he kind of remembers and when he goes for the nip he just stops mid-way and backs off...

50% of the time hes just putting his mouth open in our hands, not bitting, but still, I dont want that either, so I keep correcting as if he had bitten..

Hopefully he will have stopped it completely after his adult teeth grow.. I dont think he even started toothing yet?

Indeed a Hasle.. my 9 week old is playfully biting as well.. We created the habit to say "no" "shss" remove him from the room/ lock him in another room at the first nip, be it at our clothes or hands... Most times we just say no and give him a chew toy, if he sticks to it we stay, if not, we go to method 1..
been doing this for a week since we got him, and hes gotten better, but still forgets sometimes and nips us.. Its funny cause sometimes he kind of remembers and when he goes for the nip he just stops mid-way and backs off...
50% of the time hes just putting his mouth open in our hands, not bitting, but still, I dont want that either, so I keep correcting as if he had bitten..

Hopefully he will have stopped it completely after his adult teeth grow.. I dont think he even started toothing yet?

He'll learn eventually :) they start teething around 3, 4 months

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

RAIDENS' MAMA~ Hello!
Your puppy is stunning!!!
My handsome ARMANI started THE BITING at 3months. I had 2 different Dog Behaviorists work with ARMANI & me for 6week sessions both. We tried everything & I mean everything under the sun! I have a ton of scars on both my forearms (that's how bad it got). I thought he broke my wrists/hand bones, which nothing was broken. I had to go on antibiotics 2Xs & almost stitches 2Xs & just kept breaking down with frustration. (I wanted to get rid of him a million times but do not believe in getting rid of dogs ever!) ARMANI never bit me in a vicious mindset, it was TOTAL PLAY always (though I have many, many scars from puppy & adult teeth). ARMANI is quite the hyped hard player, more than any other dog I've seen my whole life! Nothing ever worked. But there is *HOPE*. When ARMANI was 16months, I saw a female Siberian at the county up for adoption. She was 8months. We jumped at the chance & now have beautiful ALINAH! (Both mine are neutered/ spayed.) ARMANI & ALINAH love each other & play crazy hard! We've had her now for 2months. (ARMANI is now 18months & ALINAH is 10months, so they're both still puppies.) Adopting another Sibe was the best thing for ARMANI, ALINAH & *ME*!! (I couldn't keep running 50MPH in the backyard LMAO!)
I AM OFFICIALLY BRUISE & WOUND FREE ... just have doggy tattoo scars!
*Praying you can STOP this behavior w/RAIDEN & SOON! Give him lots of puppy ropes, chew bones, balls (no tennis balls), & redirect him when needed, etc.
(I think my story is one of a kind.)
[emoji252]*GOOD LUCK TO YOU & RAIDEN*[emoji252]

~ANGIE

*WELCOME RAIDEN & HIS MAMA*
~ALL THINGS ARE PAWSIBLE~
83a59704542a7fad483f22d97f2d83e2.jpg

~ANGIE

• 3 months later...

www.successdogs.com
This needs curbing ASAP or this can & will escalate esp as they get bigger.....

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

Frozen carrots help with teething too. [emoji847][emoji11]

• 2 weeks later...

www.successdogs .com
Read it. Download e-Book - free.

All pups do this. 
Discourage by removing from your company. 
Put on to bed or into crate.
Back and forth..  When it stops - say 'Good pup no bite'.
Remove immediately if it starts any undesirable behaviour .. onto it's bed or crate or another room even - close the door. 3-5 minutes until quiet. Bring back.
Start as you mean to go on.  Training from day one. [emoji847]

i am having the same problem with sarah. i am trying the rough voice / calm voice approach to training. it is starting to work. my forearms only have 10-15 wounds instead of over 100 a month ago.
009.thumb.jpg.536934b1984c29186c409582423871e7.jpg
5a4679042ac80_blueeyes.thumb.jpg.c37477ed5b6e2114dafc5234f80256f3.jpg
Redirect with a toy. Rope toy, and toy really and frozen carrots you will be good they grow out of it. [emoji2]

Hi! I'm new to this group!! I have an almost 3 month old husky named Raiden. But we can't go near him without him biting! It's not to inflict pain, it's playful biting but we've tried everything to get him to realize it's painful and he doesn't seem to get it. Has anyone had this problem? Will he grow out of it? 90fc2e5508fe51a1d6180e686294b7fa.jpg&key=48965dc294c39764a5f63fde09845cd94dc1db23cb884a7aeb107a98ad4e7a45

Redirect with a toy or frozen carrots. They will stop. They grow out if it. Just stay consistent. [emoji2]

When khaleesi went through that phase I would sternly say with a raised voice. No , bad and put her to her bed.. every time she did it I would put her to her bed. She soon learned not to bite... she's 6 months now and when I'm patting her sometimes she can get really over excited and try to start play biting, so in a calm manner I close her mouth with my hand, tell her to sit, say no and then remove my hand. She immediately calms down and knows to stop. Every dogs different and different tactics work better for other dogs ... some people bite the dogs ear and that works.

Never heard of biting a dogs ear, why would anyone want to do that?

Redirect with a toy when they were younger and now they’re both nearly 2 commands work really well.

Have you ever seen snow dogs?? I have heard of it. It's interesting never have done it but I have heard of it. It puts you more on the dogs level. You bite their ear the same as they are biting the you.

I have the DVD, Cai watches it and Luka watches some of it, but biting your dogs ear could hurt him/her and then he/she will be scared to come to you and ultimately be detrimental to your relationship with him/her, there are more positive ways of training not to bite as pups.

Archived