Newbie with one would like two

Hi new to the site still trying to find my way around. Managed to persuade hubby to get me a puppy for christmas, he said it would have to be a siberian or nothing. So we came home with Mishka the runt of the litter with a wee bend in her tail. An needless to say we are both well and truly smitten. So much so that we want another one. Now we need some advice on whether to get another bitch or a male. We have been told to get a male as two bitches will fight and also to wait another two months until Mishka is 6 months. How do I attach pictures of Mishka with the information bar attached, in the about me section. I have lots of questions but will ask later.

post-1250-13585947816161_thumb.jpg

post-1250-13585947818148_thumb.jpg

post-1250-13585947820368_thumb.jpg

Hi and welcome B)

I would say as this is your first. i would hang fire and wait till shes a little older before adding a second. You still have the toughest stage of development to go through yet and better to wait and see what her character is like and ironing out the problems that may occur before deciding what to add.

Not sure where the tale of two of the same sex not getting along comes from? It's not true! Unless you plan to have your girl neutered (which shouldn't be done till shes fully grown and definately not before she's at least a year old, despite what your vet may try to tell you) you are better advised to get another of the same sex, or your future life will be hell each time your girls in season.

Two girls will get along, two boys will get along. It only gets more complicated when you have more than that with mixed genders and unneutered dogs.

Thanks and so is keira and khan. What is the age difference between them? Can you tell me how to put a pic above member.

Hi and welcome to the pack :)

(Great post lyn added to rep )

To post a pic - go into your profile and select edit avatar - this is the icon next to my name - with mine - it's a wolf running in front of a moon

i would stick to one at the moment, make sure you train your husky, because there will most likely come a point when you think why the hell did i get a husky. it seems to happen around 5 months to a year, when they want to see how far they can push the rules, and then some owners decide its to much hard work and give the dog up for adoption.

we know this, micha at 5 months was a right royal pain in the arse, it lasted for 3 weeks, we refused to give in to her, and she settled.

most important thing i would say is not to let you little girl get bored or she will start remodeling the house.

we where late taking micha out one day and she started eating the banister rail.

she has probably destroyed about £500 of stuff including quits shoes and clothes.

dont let your little princess get away with bad behaviour, or it will take a longer to train her out of it lateron.

good luck

hi and welcome lovely pup you have there, some realy good advice given, see how you go with the training first before thinking of another, do your reserch ask lots of questions here is a good place for that, also please don't train your dog off lead their pray drive is to high as they get older, as this is your first sib you may not realse they are not like any other dog.

They are stuborn lil sods lol but you will see as she gets older but trained right and they are sooooooo loving and to be honest lol they train us just the way they want us lol good luck xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

if this is your first ever dog i would hold off the second for now, they are alot of hard work as they tend to think alot for themselfs your soon notice this with mishka. get to know the breed a bit better first and your learn alot as you go along with mishka, she's truely adorable but dont let those beautiful eye fall you, they out smart you before you have even noticed it good luck and enjoy her.biggrin.gif

if this is your first ever dog i would hold off the second for now, they are alot of hard work as they tend to think alot for themselfs your soon notice this with mishka. get to know the breed a bit better first and your learn alot as you go along with mishka, she's truely adorable but dont let those beautiful eye fall you, they out smart you before you have even noticed it good luck and enjoy her.biggrin.gif

Thanks for your comments and advice, your little monster is lovely

hi and welcome lovely pup you have there, some realy good advice given, see how you go with the training first before thinking of another, do your reserch ask lots of questions here is a good place for that, also please don't train your dog off lead their pray drive is to high as they get older, as this is your first sib you may not realse they are not like any other dog.

They are stuborn lil sods lol but you will see as she gets older but trained right and they are sooooooo loving and to be honest lol they train us just the way they want us lol good luck xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for advice you have your hands full and obviously you have plenty of experience to be giving advice. much appreciated

i would stick to one at the moment, make sure you train your husky, because there will most likely come a point when you think why the hell did i get a husky. it seems to happen around 5 months to a year, when they want to see how far they can push the rules, and then some owners decide its to much hard work and give the dog up for adoption.

we know this, micha at 5 months was a right royal pain in the arse, it lasted for 3 weeks, we refused to give in to her, and she settled.

most important thing i would say is not to let you little girl get bored or she will start remodeling the house.

we where late taking micha out one day and she started eating the banister rail.

she has probably destroyed about £500 of stuff including quits shoes and clothes.

dont let your little princess get away with bad behaviour, or it will take a longer to train her out of it lateron.

good luck

thanks for advice much appreciated

Hi and welcome cool.gif

I would say as this is your first. i would hang fire and wait till shes a little older before adding a second. You still have the toughest stage of development to go through yet and better to wait and see what her character is like and ironing out the problems that may occur before deciding what to add.

Not sure where the tale of two of the same sex not getting along comes from? It's not true! Unless you plan to have your girl neutered (which shouldn't be done till shes fully grown and definately not before she's at least a year old, despite what your vet may try to tell you) you are better advised to get another of the same sex, or your future life will be hell each time your girls in season.

Two girls will get along, two boys will get along. It only gets more complicated when you have more than that with mixed genders and unneutered dogs.

thanks for advice much appreciated

I know you have the husky bug, everyone here knows that feeling! :lol: and the advice given may not what you want to hear as you want to get a second one, but it is excellent advice! Huskies are not your typical dog, they think for themselves whether something is in their interests to do & can be quite stubborn ... my Myshka was about 2 1/2 before she really calmed down, but even now at 4yrs, she can still have her moments! I would definitely get used to having one furball around & train her, etc before getting a second ... but it is only advice, of course, others have had 2 pups & lived to tell the tale (just!) :lol: :lol:

As for whether to get another female (now or in the future), that is entirely up to you, if they are 'fixed', then same sex / opposite sex .... double the fun & love, no matter what the mix! :D

I know you have the husky bug, everyone here knows that feeling! laugh.gif and the advice given may not what you want to hear as you want to get a second one, but it is excellent advice! Huskies are not your typical dog, they think for themselves whether something is in their interests to do & can be quite stubborn ... my Myshka was about 2 1/2 before she really calmed down, but even now at 4yrs, she can still have her moments! I would definitely get used to having one furball around & train her, etc before getting a second ... but it is only advice, of course, others have had 2 pups & lived to tell the tale (just!) laugh.giflaugh.gif

As for whether to get another female (now or in the future), that is entirely up to you, if they are 'fixed', then same sex / opposite sex .... double the fun & love, no matter what the mix! biggrin.gif