The Mowgli Photo & Video Thread

DanUK

I thought I would start with a really cute video of Mowgli eating a raw chicken wing. DONT WATCH BEFORE EATING !!! and turn your Speaker up :) 

3 minutes ago, Jo said:

Wow!! Are bones ok if raw? Amy would LOVE one!!! emoji486.pngemoji2.png

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

I read somewhere on this forum they were, so I hope so :huh: They help sort the soft poo out but not nice to watch.... ANY cooked bones are very bad!

Yeah Raw chicken wings are fine and most huskies absolutely love them.

Also yes if your dog has a runny bum a couple of days on chicken wings usually sorts it out.

However don't mix chicken wings with a kibble meal as they digest at different rates and require different digestive enzymes to process so

feed only chicken wings or kibble never together.

and. . .

Never cooked Chicken bones, Raw bones crunch and digest fine, cooked bones Splinter when chewed and may stick in the throat or stomach lining.

Mowgli is sure a delicate eater, Lunar would have devoured that in around 30 seconds,  Marley is also a delicate eater - but would still have polished it off quicker!!   Have you tried lamb neck chunks, or lamb ribs  -  a particular favourite of my pair  -  although the ribs are just for treats, not food as such.  60p a kilo from your butcher - even if they come in a rack you can cut them individually with a sharp knife.

Marley went on chicken wings at 12 weeks old and still loves them  -  the only cooked food he has ever had is scrambled egg as a puppy  -  but he now prefers his eggs raw, ................. particularly if he can steal them from the chickens nest boxes !

Amy has just had her 1st chicken wing, she really wasnt sure what to do with it initially but after that 1st 'crunch' she loved it!!
Went to butcher for bones but they had just sent them all to the bone skip! They are going to save some for us so shes in for a treat! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Ive tried raw chicken wings with mine, mixed success.
Ice eventually worked out it was food and ate it. [emoji1360]
Bear on the other hand wouldn't eat it. Instead she hoarded it and licked at it occasionally. Didn't fancy a potential fight breaking out or raw chicken being spread around the room so I gave up. She's really not much of a raw food fan. Which is really odd to my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Archived