Morning all what brush are you all using to brush your dogs

Bradley

for a double coated dog ie Husky...undercoat rake.. we also have a Welsh Springer Spaniel longhair a normal comb...for a short haired dog..not a clue never had one of those LOL

I have a Dyson Dog Groom Tool and a handheld equivalent, plus a double line tooth rake 'comb'.
● Never ever use anything that shaves or cuts husky hairs as the longer top 'guard hairs' protect the coat from weather and heat as does the 'eiderdown under coat' helps to regulate temperature control.
This undercoat normally 'blows' twice a year however I've experienced three 'coat blows' with extreme fluctuating temperature conditions last year!
I leave the 'blow' session to establish for at least two weeks then get them into my favourite groomers 'Scamps' in Cheltenham.
Worth the £35-40 on each my two - rather than eight + weeks of fur flying everywhere!
I still groom as the fur tufts blowing out end up everywhere and I may have to vacuum twice a day!
NB: Taking them in too early in the 'blow' can result in a somewhat uncomfortable 'plucking' if the 'blow' isn't established and can cause a dislike of going to the groomers!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Husky Owners mobile app

Bog standard Undercoat Rake from Pets at Home. :up:

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Loganhusky said:

I have got the furminator which seems to do a good job

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Not good for double coated dogs cutes their guard hairs out...

Furminators are not suitable for Husky breed dbl coat (they have an 'eiderdown coat under their permanent over coat) that blows twice a year in the seasons' changes ie, Spring/Summer and post Autumn (Fall) into Winter.
I have retractable pin brush - a hand one - and the Dyson Dog groom tool (google and you'll see what I mean) and, a Double rake groomer... these are all I use...
Twice a year into the end of the second week of their blowing their coat, I take them to the dog/parlour/groomers.. this gets the 'blow' over in one go, and done with & saves me 6-8 weeks of flying fur everywhere!
Don't take them in earlier - the coat blow needs to get established or it will be too uncomfortable being plucked/groomed at the groomers. ?

• 2 weeks later...

The pin one is good and a fine push in/ retractable one is even better. The med/Lge dbl rake is too.. just remember not too hard as it can start to 'burn' if repeated over the same area.
The Dyson Dog Groom tool is fab too & make sure you get the adaptor attachment with it (from Amazon or direct) to fit other vacuums. 🤗

Archived