Not even a dog owner...yet

c00k1e

Hiya,

Just thought I'd pop by and see what's happening here....

I don't actaully own a dog of any sort (yet) but am in the process of 'adopting' one from rescue,

So far we have narrowed our search down to either a Sibe or a Mal,and have been passed for both,

it's just a case now of waiting for the perfect pooch to steal our hearts.

So in the meantime we are carrying on our research and what better way to pick up tips/hints than

from the people who know them best,the people with whom they care to share their lives!

I'm sure I will be in and out of here on a regular basis and will probably be asking all sorts of

questions of you all!

Sue.

Hi Sue, welcome to the pack :D

Well done for doing your research and congrats on being passed for a sibe or a mal !! :up:

Look forward to seeing you around :) If you can't find anything just ask away - always peeps about who are more than happy to help

Thank you all for the warm welcome,just what I expected! wink.gif

The decision to rehome has been something that has taken a long while to make,not because we weren't sure,

but because we wanted to make sure we had enough love and time to dedicate to such an animal.

Well the decision has been made,yes we do have enough time and def enough love, so we will now get our doggie...

Next decision is Sibe or Mal...sooooo hard....they both have so many endearing qualities (yes,we know all about the 'negatives' too)

which is why we have registered with both breed rescues. I'm sure you all have your individual reasons for your choice and I would be happy to hear them...

Come on guys...why should I pick a Sibe over a Mal???

Sue.

Hiya, Sue, welcome to the mad house :lol::wave:

good to hear you're making yourself aware of what you're letting yourself in for! :lol: And getting a rescue too, great stuff :up:

Only you can decide whether it's a sibe or mal for you, maybe even a huskamute & mix the two! But whichever comes to you, you will be loved beyond belief! :D

That's a tuff one! I own a rescue Sibe right now and am just waiting to see if my malamute breeders bitch took to her breeding! I am lucky enought to be able to have the room and time for both of them, Seeing as I really couldent deside either I decided to go for one of each!!......................HEHEHE there's your answer go for one of each They do better in pairs anyways....BWA HA HA

That's a tuff one! I own a rescue Sibe right now and am just waiting to see if my malamute breeders bitch took to her breeding! I am lucky enought to be able to have the room and time for both of them, Seeing as I really couldent deside either I decided to go for one of each!!......................HEHEHE there's your answer go for one of each They do better in pairs anyways....BWA HA HA

That is my plan too really...just that the other half hasn't realised yet... suppose I just need to wait and see which tugs my heart strings first and then take it from there....LOL When the lady from Mal rescue came round she did mention that we had plenty of room for two as the one she bought with her looked quite small in our lounge and the other half looked at her as if to say 'shut it' ...

LOL It took mine a little convinceing too, we have had Sakora for over a year now, we waited cause her being a rescue I wanted to spend time with her only, And seeing as she had NO training what so ever I'm happy I have waited, But now were ready for the second one, And I've Waited for over a year for my current breeder to decide to have a litter, I should explain first that we were on the waiteing list for a malamute puppy before we got miss Sakora! I wasnt expecting to come across her the way I did! and my thinking at the time was that Sakora needed a home more than an unborn puppy did, So I took her instead! which worked out casue I'm still waiteing.....lol