What Colour Anyone?

Gra

Hi, new to the Siberian Husky breed.

I have bought a pup of which I will be able to bring home in March, got one or two photos and wondered if the more experienced members could tell me what the final colour would likely to be. Just curious really.

Mother was white, other pups are black/grey and like the one in the photo.

Many thanks, Graham

006hj5.jpg

w640.png

Dunc is very right. The colour which is usually the easiest one to point out is the pure white and even then you may get a splash on colourthrough their first few weeks of growth.

You may be best to ask your breeder as they may have a better idea if they have had puppies from previous litters of that colour so may have a better idea.

When I picked out Gizmo he looked like he was going to be more of a light red/brown colour but he is now a light grey and white but he still has his light red/brown colour (see pics below)

Gizmo when we first saw him:

[ATTACH]499.IPB[/ATTACH]

Gizmo now:

[ATTACH]500.IPB[/ATTACH]

But, Marley and Bandit are grey and white and they looked more black and white when they were born but as they grew, parts of their undercoats came through white making them look grey and white (See below, Bandit)

Bandit when born:

[ATTACH]501.IPB[/ATTACH]

Bandit now:

[ATTACH]502.IPB[/ATTACH]

post-44-13585941697094_thumb.jpg

post-44-13585941697504_thumb.jpg

post-44-13585941721853_thumb.jpg

post-44-13585941722189_thumb.jpg

At this stage, she looks like a light red, but whether she stays that way............

When our boy Bazil was a baby, we thought he might be an Isabella White but he is now (at 6 months) obviously a light red and white just like his mum.

basilstand2.jpg

Bazil1.jpg

Mick

They can carry on changing as adults as well. Reds tend to change even more than other colours. This was our boy Ute when we first imported him from France:

UTwoBath2.jpg

And this is him now!

Ute1.jpg

Interestingly, the underlying patterns of his coat don't change, just the colour.

Mick

Again, you can't really tell that the eyes will defiantely will be blue as this can also change. I would think that when both parents have blue eyes then the puppies will have blue eyes, but this still isn't guaranteed as both Gizmos parents had blue eyed and some of his litter mates either stayed with blue eyes, some became bi-eyed and others got brown eyes. Usually can't tell until they are about 6-7 weeks I think.

When I was reading about huskies, I remember reading that some will cange colour slightly over the seasons (i.e they may be darker during winter than during summer). As raindog mentioned they can even change colour through adulthood.

Great question and great answers from all!

Kimba was a light fawn colour when we first got him and he has now changed to a wolf grey colour, unfortunately, i can't add any pictures as i'm at work but you can view them via my profile.

Congrats on becoming owned by a sibe!

They can carry on changing as adults as well. Reds tend to change even more than other colours. This was our boy Ute when we first imported him from France:

And this is him now!

Ute1.jpg

Interestingly, the underlying patterns of his coat don't change, just the colour.

Mick

Wow Mick he's a stunner! I love his head. I didn't realise there were such nice French lines, is the breed very popular there?