Was with my dad...

robke

27 minutes ago, BBava said:

In your garden? Very beautiful :D

yes in my dad's garden...

1 minute ago, Emma said:

Oh wow! Is that a pheasant?

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

It sure is...he is waiting for his harem ... last year he had 4 of them but then he / they did not come that close to the house...

We have those here in Iowa, and other surrounding states. Not native to the US, however. Looks like they were fairly close.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Husky Owners mobile app

this young man does not care in the world..he was about 1,5 meter from the house..my dad loves to feed the birds so he can look them up in the book and he keeps count as well...he has woodpeckers as well but they do not stay long enough for pictures..in the fields around him there are plenty of deer as well...

We get parokeets, white herons and woodpeckers in the neighbourhood too. But it's been a while since I went out a bit further into the countryside to see a pheasant. The ones I usually spot are squashed lol. Can often spot a bird of prey hovering overhead when we do venture further out, I think a kestrel? Not sure [emoji848] it's been a while.
But those pesky herons can be a nightmare. They are found at the stream by the bottom of my road and when we had a pond it was like a self service buffet. [emoji23]

oh yes we do have loads of herons as well...starting now we have to occasional stork as well...hawks kestrels etc we have plenty as well...

We get parokeets, white herons and woodpeckers in the neighbourhood too. But it's been a while since I went out a bit further into the countryside to see a pheasant. The ones I usually spot are squashed lol. Can often spot a bird of prey hovering overhead when we do venture further out, I think a kestrel? Not sure [emoji848]

Kestrels are the ones that flap their wings quite quickly but stay in the same place when they hover [emoji4] we get them here too along with Buzards, hear owls at night (only seen one pic below), and hear lots of woodpeckers in the trees by mine but never seen one! We also get lots of curlews in the farmer's field behind my house :)

b2c9a24c166debc43d700e99bcde5b80.jpg

My house also has a flying husky, I'm sure Koda is part flying squirrel

Archived