Chat room anyone?

Sarah

Ok, it has come up in the shout box tonight that a chat room might be a good idea.

Personally, I can see pro's and con's to this - on one hand, we can all chat and get to know each other and have a laugh, on the other hand, it may cause people not to post as much on the forum.

The shout box is already being used as a chat room at present, just wanted to get people's opinions on what others wanted? It's possible that if a chat room is introduced, then the shout box will go (although not 100% decided on this yet)

Please consider your answer carefully before taking the POLL.

I voted no purely because i learn a lot from peoples posts on the forum and if they go few and far between then i think a lot of us will suffer the consequences meaning there won't be as many posts to read and learn from other peoples mistakes i know that sounds bad but there are a lot of more experiences than some of us and there posts really help!

I voted yes, I think it would be a great idea if we could do something like the MSN have so we can see who's online and also have the options of having private chats with people or join in a group chat. As long as we don't need one of those camera things as I dont like them!

Im thinking now more along the lines of a chatroom off of the site. I would provide a link for people to download the software needed and some instruction on how to set it up (very easy) .. This way it would not particularly be on the site and not take the emphisis away from the forum itself. Besides, this forum is gettin busier on an almost daily basis :)