Help! Super stinky Chula

Chula has had a rough summer, healthwise. We've been to the vet FOUR times, one of them the emergency vet because she randomly started limping on a walk and then laid down and refused to put any weight on it. I was too far from home to carry her, so I had to call a friend to come pick us up. They said her hot spot on her foot (which she gets EVERY summer from allergies to grass or something in the yard, no matter what I do) had gotten infected, so they shaved it, cleaned it and put her on antibiotics. This was toward the end of June.

Anyway, while we were on our road trip at the beginning of July, I noticed she was kinda stinky. I attributed it to having been swimming a bunch the week before we left. Then, since we were at a lake, she was constantly in the water, so constantly a little wet doggish.

My mom noticed that Chula had been licking at her crotch a bunch, and when I was able to pull back her fur enough, I noticed it looked really infected. Took her to my parents' vet, got her on antibiotics, again.

It didn't go away when we got back to Virginia, so I took her to her vet, they put her on another kind of antibiotics, and we just finished that course about a week ago, and she is STILL stinky.

The vet said that she has an extra fold in her vulva area, and that she is going to be prone to infections there for her whole life. :( She has never, ever had an infection to this point so it seems weird. I don't think she currently has an infection, but she still stinks! What can I do? The whole area is tinged red from saliva because she licks at it so much.

It's not her anal glands that smell, it's distinctly coming from her lady parts. :(  It's really hard to have her close to me because she smells THAT bad. She's had so many antibiotics this summer, I'm worried that if I take her back they'll just put her on more. 

Yeah, it's definitely not anal glands. I can't imagine it's an infection again already! So many antibiotics. I'm wondering if it's yeast, which would just get worse from antibiotics. Ugh. Stinky dog! She's not peeing frequently or showing any signs of illness.

Is it a fishy smell? Skyla had this but a urine test didn't show anything up (thought she had a uti) not sure what it was but it did clear up after anti-biotics , maybe give her a bath see if that helps? If she had an infection it might just be the smell on her fur still

She was professionally bathed and groomed and smell is still there. My poor Chula, so cute and so stinky. One of my colleagues suggested medicated wipes, so I'm going to try those for a week and if it doesn't get better, I guess I have to take her back in. 

If she has extra folds and been in the water a lot then the water lingering around those folds could have caused some kind of condition on the skin?  The medicated wipes might be a good idea.  Was wondering if there's some kind of medicated powder available that could help dry it out? Possible that there's a problem internally but funny how it started immediately after being in and out of the water.    

Good luck, let us know how she gets on.  Xxx

Edited by Emma

Maybe you need to keep her out of the water for awhile and see if that helps.I wouldn't wipe or use any powder unless approved by your vet.It doesn't sound like she has had this smell all along?If she is constantly licking at it there is also a non-steroid shot that can work really well to help stop the itching.If the smell is that strong there is definitely also something else going on.I still might check for a yeast infection.This can cause a very strong odor.