Compainon for a sibe

ubique

Hey guys ive got an awsome 8 month sibe who we got at 8 weeks and she loves playing with other dogs as she spent the first 5 months we had her living with another dog ( a jack russell ).We have recently moved and although she gets loads of time to play with neighbours dogs (two staffys and a sibe/malmut cross) she hates it when my wife and I go out and howls and scratches so we would like to get another dog as a companion we planned on getting another sibe but know that as a breed they are known to have separation anxiety so didn't think getting another would solve the problem.

So my question is what breed would be a good companion for my sibe?

Many thanks

LOL! I have just recently found a second huskamute to keep the first one company...

My issue now is making them both chill when I pick up my keys and they jingle, lol.

Chewy has recently decided that if I grab my keys that means we are going to the dog

park every time he hears them jingle, so starts having a husky fit wanting to go with us...

and now Achilles is begining to join in his pleas for a ride in the car, lol.

Im begining to think that a weekly trip to the park was a big mistake as now I have 4 kids

that want to follow mommy wherever she goes, hahahaha.

No worries huskies tend to adapt well with other breeds, but as a husky lover I say "why not 2 huskies?"

What we are trying to solve is the problem of Kara howling the place down when we go out. There is some one with her most of the time but when we do go out she makes so much noise the neighbours have mentioned it. Do you think 2 sibes would just both howl or would another stop Kara from doing it as she would have company?

ta

You dont know how true that statement about getting another, and another, and yet another... We just got our second sibe (Peyton) and IMO they make the best companion to another sibe. They both very pack oriented with high amounts of energy, they both love to play with each other and kinda just hang. I do see a bit of jelousy from Sadie, (we did have her first so I expected it), but she teaching Peyton things like how to use the doggie door when he needs to use the bathroom or wants to go play outside in the yard.

I hope that you find the right match for your sibe and I am sure you will make the best decision.

What we are trying to solve is the problem of Kara howling the place down when we go out. There is some one with her most of the time but when we do go out she makes so much noise the neighbours have mentioned it. Do you think 2 sibes would just both howl or would another stop Kara from doing it as she would have company?

ta

I think if you had another dog or sibe the howling would probably be at a minimum because the two dogs would be togeather and have some sort of companionship while alone.

TBH, I think that's hard to answer - the 2nd may copy Kara ... perhaps if you rehomed an older, more established sibe, it would teach Kara not to howl

I agree with what Val says, you could get a different breed of dog that barked constantly - you could get another sibe that was as good as gold, it's luck of the drawer in some respects - when you got her as a pup, did you gradually extend the time she was alone or did you go out one day for an hour and then come back?

I agree with what Val says, you could get a different breed of dog that barked constantly - you could get another sibe that was as good as gold, it's luck of the drawer in some respects - when you got her as a pup, did you gradually extend the time she was alone or did you go out one day for an hour and then come back?

When we first got her we both worked full time and left her in her cage and at first she used to howl the place down but seemed to have got used to it by the end then we moved and i have been home ever since. But since we have moved she hasn't been left all that much.

We really really want to get another sibe as we love them but we're really lucky with Kara ( apart from her howling! ) so we are worried that will get worse if the dog we get is just as bad for howling or worse! If we did would a male be better with a bitch or another bitch?

thanks