The Theory Of Everything

Carly

I was a bit nervous going into this film as I really wanted to see it and Mitch really didn't......in the end I didn't care if he wanted to see it or not (I watch enough of his rubbish!) because I REALLY enjoyed it.....and i am now inspired to utilise my scientific brain (honestly I do have one of these, I have qualifications to prove it and everything!) to read "a brief history of time"

It's a great film with an amazing storyline and acting. Eddie Redmayne is the favorite for the best actor oscar. My only criticism is that it's a bit slow in places...but that's ok; it's not the kind of film that's gonna have tonnes of action. Another amazing film I saw yesterday was Whiplash...film about an aspiring drummer. Amazing acting performance from JK Simmons :)

I see that there's a rumour going around that Eddie Redmayne has 'Norbited' his chances of the Oscar. It's because of his dreadful performance in 'Jupiter Rising' - no I hadn't heard the term either but refers back to the film 'Norbit' and how Eddie Murphy was due to win an Oscar until that film was released. But, it's been said 'Norbit' was insulting and in exceptionally bad taste and Eddie Redmayne in 'Jupiter Rising' is just bizarre (in a not good way!). Having said all that, I've not seen any of the films (but will be watching 'The Theory Of Everything' and 'Jupiter Rising' - definitely not 'Norbit'!)

I see that there's a rumour going around that Eddie Redmayne has 'Norbited' his chances of the Oscar. It's because of his dreadful performance in 'Jupiter Rising' - no I hadn't heard the term either but refers back to the film 'Norbit' and how Eddie Murphy was due to win an Oscar until that film was released. But, it's been said 'Norbit' was insulting and in exceptionally bad taste and Eddie Redmayne in 'Jupiter Rising' is just bizarre (in a not good way!). Having said all that, I've not seen any of the films (but will be watching 'The Theory Of Everything' and 'Jupiter Rising' - definitely not 'Norbit'!)

I've watched all three. Norbit can make you laugh, but is not one of those 10/10 movies. But YES, it does make you laugh. So there's that :) Jupiter Ascending (is it titled differently there?) is very very bad. But do keep in mind it's not Redmayne's fault. The screenwriter is obviously trying to jam-pack a complicated plot into a single 90-minute movie, destroying everything in the process. The actors tried their best, but they're only as good as the scripts tell them to be.

Edited by mydiamond

Jupiter Ascending (is it titled differently there?) is very very bad. But do keep in mind it's not Redmayne's fault. The screenwriter is obviously trying to jam-pack a complicated plot into a single 90-minute movie, destroying everything in the process. The actors tried their best, but they're only as good as the scripts tell them to be.

My bad - it's called the same here. It was just me with my brain switched off misspelling! The script tells them what to say and the director will suggest broadly how the part is played - it's pretty well up to them how they choose to get in character