Nightcrawler & Mockingjay

mydiamond

So all the way back in my trip to Grand Rapids, I went to watch the barely-marketed Jake Gylenhaal film "Nightcrawler". Now this, folks, is what I call a movie. The story revolves around Louis Bloom (Gylenhaal), an unemployed antisocial that 'works' as a thief. Then one day he discovered a freelance cameraman that records crime and accidents to be sold to TV channels. He then starts 'nightcrawling' himself, slowly climbing up the stairs in the profession by focusing in strategic business tactics that overlooks morals and law. Everyone's acting was awesome and the story was gripping. People leave the theater with a whole new perspective about the whole TV news business (and business in general I guess) and, actually, I must admit the movie sort of shook me up a bit until a few days after :o IMDb 8.6/10 (if I remember). I'd rate it 9/10.

Trailer:

Then there's Mockingjay Part One, so far the best movie in The Hunger Games series. If you think the first movie was a bit laughable (I almost fell asleep), I do think they sort of redeemed themselves with Mockingjay. Slightly. There's too little action, but at least there's suspense. We see a lot less Josh Hutcherson here and a lot more of Liam Hemsworth. Adjusting with the Hollywood gossips, I guess? :shrug: Plus, I like the song :D IMDb 7.2/10. Liv's rating: 6.8/10