Hi All

Bhogey

Quick hi from me, just found this site a few days ago had a bit of voyeuristic snoop around before joining, hope you don't mind. We've been dreaming of getting a husky one day for a few years now so it's time to start the research already bought a few books and from reading a few posts here will find your input invaluable so thanks in advance. Not planning on going in to this lightly so we will spend a few months researching the breed and hopefully become wise in our search for a companion that will be with us for many many years to come.

I've read with interest the advice given regarding breeders and the things to look out for when purchasing a Husky but haven't noticed anyone really recommending any particular breeders is there a reason for this perhaps a forum rule? I'll get round to reading the T&C's later.

Bye for now and I hope to post a few thoughts and questions in the coming months.

hello and welcome to the site.

well done for doing your research first, the books are very good but you have found the right site to get the answers to the questions that the books dont give.

Have a good look around and you will find the answer's to most question's on here if not just ask someone will give you an answer or you'll get loads.

look forward to seeing you around the site

Hi and welcome to the pack biggrin.gif

Researching before hand is such a good idea up.gif

With regards to people recomending etc, forum rules are that direct links for pups for sale is a big no no. We have this rule so that puppy farming isn't brought here - we don't want people like that on here as i'm sure you can imagine smile.gif

Look forward to seeing you around smile.gif

Where are you from?

Hi Guys thank's for the words of wisdom, I'm from the centre of the universe otherwise known as Birmingham. I've already come across a couple of breeders here that don't quite seem right, so will carry on looking and hopefully manage to register with one in the hope of gaining a new family member either late this year or early part of next? Could anyone recommend any decent dog trainers for future reference.

Welcome to the Pack! The term "breeder" is often misunderstood, at least in the US. I realize you are in the UK, so it may be a bit different over there. Here in the US, many people seem to believe that anyone who has a litter of pups for sale is a breeder. A well-researched individual, which is seems you are on the right track to become such an individual, understands that a true breeder is not about generating litters of pups, but more about furthering an understanding along with the wellness of the breed. Sounds like you've already found some breeders that are possibly questionable. If you don't feel right about a breeder, it's best to move on. Good luck in your research. And of course, when you do bring that little furbaby into your home, we want to see pics!

Hey ya, :wave:

Welcome to the pack!! Glad to hear you are thinking of getting a husky for your family :) have you thought about mabye rehoming??? There are so many Furbabies out there in need of a second chance and forever home -

Here is a link you could have a look at and see what you think-

http://www.shwauk.org.uk/

Well done on doing your research on the Breed :thumbs_up: Really hope you enjoy the site and make lots of friends chatting about this fantastic Breed :D Please feel free to ask questions as everyone on here is so nice and happy to help!! Look forward to seeing you around the forum and Hope your find thr right Puppy or rehome Dog for you and your Family. x x x x

Hiya, welcome to the pack :wave:

"just found this site a few days ago had a bit of voyeuristic snoop around before joining, hope you don't mind." If it means you get the information you need or gets you asking the questions you want answering, it's all good! :D

We have a few members here who, like yourself, joined up & researched the breed through asking questions before getting their furbaby, we would positively encourage it!!

And it's really good to hear you're a dab hand with a camera - pictures are a must!! :lol:

Look forward to chatting with you more around here :D