Would've Been A Month

mydiamond

... since I brought True Blue home. Well, a month plus a few days, but you get the picture. It's a bit funny to think how I could get attached so much to a little fish in such a short time. But he's still one of my beloved pets, now swimming free somewhere in another world. Hopefully he gets a lot of live blood worms there, because there's never enough to satisfy that tiny belly. Anyways, I just thought that maybe this is a good time to tone down on the grieving a bit. I mean, I gotta stop crying at some point. I dealt with this loss by trying to not even think about it, but like I said, at some point I gotta stop. Stop covering my eyes, stop covering my ears, stop pretending that nothing happened. Today would probably make a good 'some point' (long, long explanation). Let's knock down that first wall by sharing this tribute poem I made, shall we? :) I know I always dump my poems over here, but I don't have a lot of choices, so... yeah.

Under the chill of Michigan snow

Lays a piece of authentic joy

With fins that once fluttered and swirled

With eyes once so amber they burn

Always been too good to be true

A true blue fantasy

Under the whiteness of Michigan snow

Lays a figment of the loveliest dreams

Utopia was his land of origin

Painted in blue in honor of you

As pieces of hope cracks and shatters

He fought through one after another

Fighter, joybringer, seasoned dancer

Long has he dwelled in the mind of this dreamer

Always been too good to be true

One true blue fantasy

Now sleeping under a blanket of Michigan snow

Frozen still on Earth and the heart of this dreamer

Soul now swimming free in the sea of time

Body laid here so the memory stays mine

Somewhere in an ocean in Utopia

His fins spread and flutter and swirl

His eyes so amber they burn

Fighter, joybringer, seasoned dancer

Long will he dwell in the mind of this dreamer

Indeed too good to be true

My true blue fantasy

--R.I.P dearest True Blue Fantasy, my first ever Betta splendens. This heart you left is as freezing as the snow you’re buried under. Within the twenty-five short days we’ve spent together, you’ve taught me so much about the world of aquarists. I wish we could spend more time in the same world, but I guess you’re just meant to be in a better place. I did brought you home because I missed my blue-eyed dog, but in the end I love you for who you are. Missing you now, forever and always. Yours truly, Liv. --

• 2 weeks later...