Mac's Battery Life

mydiamond

Am I the only person that has her Mac shut down at 20% battery life? :huh: I absolutely hated that. I feel like this thing could've stayed working at least ten more minutes at 20%. I thought laptops would only start screaming low-battery warnings at 7%? This Mac Air screams at 30 or 25% (I guess?) and dies at 20%. The moment I plug it in and restart it, it'd say the battery life is at 0%. Does this mean I need to start looking for a new laptop? :(

Have you looked at your settings? Mine goes into emergency power mode at 5% and shuts itself down, but I set it to that. It's strange your computer is shutting itself down then. Have you done a battery test? Mac batteries are pretty easy to change yourself once you can get into the back of them. Just order one online and switch it.

lol I love my Macbook air. Nothing wrong with a good Mac.

I hate the prices of Apple products, but I can't stand Windows at the moment and I haven't messed with Linux since I left Sixth Form. I liked XP, hated Vista, then I had a Sony Vaio that ran seven and didn't like it. I really hate Windows 8 so I'm glad I made the switch on my laptop (although that surface pro 3, I want it to use it as a graphics tablet, the reviews to it have been really good so far). I love that it has an SSD so everything loads pretty much instantly, the OS is easy to use once you are used to it and I can have Photoshop, Illustrator, iTunes, Firefox, Premier etc open at once and the computer doesn't even lag. The bad? Expensive to repair and replace out of warranty.

I agree, try calibrating your battery first. If that doesn't work, look into your settings. If THAT doesn't fix the problem, look at getting a new battery. How old is your Mac? If its still under warranty, they should give you a new battery for free.