Poor Girl

Dunc

Bang out of order, you shouldn't give a child a automatic weapon whether your their or not to grab the gun. The recoile of any weapon is going to be far too strong for a 9 year old let alone a little petite 9 year old girl like her! i hope she doesnt get the back lash of this, they can noway charge her for such a tragic and unforeseen accident. 

Bang out of order, you shouldn't give a child a automatic weapon whether your their or not to grab the gun. The recoile of any weapon is going to be far too strong for a 9 year old let alone a little petite 9 year old girl like her! i hope she doesnt get the back lash of this, they can noway charge her for such a tragic and unforeseen accident. 

Am not sure you thought this though but I might be wrong !!!!!

"you shouldn't give a child a automatic weapon whether your their or not to grab the gun." Really !!!! At 9 years old mine was not aloud to walk across a room with a knife and fork ffs 

"The recoile of any weapon is going to be far too strong for a 9 year old let alone a little petite 9 year old girl like her! " How do you know ex army ? 

unforeseen accident." No its not at all IMO 

Not having ago at you am just so upset by this and the attitude :( 

Am not sure you thought this though but I might be wrong !!!!!

"you shouldn't give a child a automatic weapon whether your their or not to grab the gun." Really !!!! At 9 years old mine was not aloud to walk across a room with a knife and fork ffs 

"The recoile of any weapon is going to be far too strong for a 9 year old let alone a little petite 9 year old girl like her! " How do you know ex army ? 

unforeseen accident." No its not at all IMO 

Not having ago at you am just so upset by this and the attitude :(

Completely confused as to what you are getting at i said you SHOULDNT give a child a automatic weapon? i read a second article which was linked to it explaining that the shooting range - the guy was there with his hand ready to grab the gun if something goes wrong. maybe im a bit lost but you saying "at 9 years old mine was not aloud to walk across the room with a knife and fork" surely thats in agreement with me? children should be let to be children. 

in reguards to the recoile, my dad is ex army and my brothers work friend does shooting as a sport regularly, so yes, i know if a gun recoiles a 9 year old girl has very little to no chance of keeping that gun under control or the instructor wouldnt be told to hover over with a hand ready to grab the gun. 

not sure what imo means but it was unforeseen, noone could have anticipated that this gun was going to recoile, he works in the industry with the risks of something like this could happen, children should be let be children, not given the opportunity to play with weapons which the state has an age limit of 18 for unless on private property. the private property is pathetic because a child is as dangerous with a weapon they can not handle no matter what kind of property they are on. 

its sad that a man lost his life through this but even in other articles regarding this incident even his friends say they hope the client get support. She must be so scared about it all. Shes the one this is going to backfire on as upsetting as it is, the little girl is going to have media all over her. 

Completely confused as to what you are getting at i said you SHOULDNT give a child a automatic weapon? i read a second article which was linked to it explaining that the shooting range - the guy was there with his hand ready to grab the gun if something goes wrong. maybe im a bit lost but you saying "at 9 years old mine was not aloud to walk across the room with a knife and fork" surely thats in agreement with me? children should be let to be children. 

in reguards to the recoile, my dad is ex army and my brothers work friend does shooting as a sport regularly, so yes, i know if a gun recoiles a 9 year old girl has very little to no chance of keeping that gun under control or the instructor wouldnt be told to hover over with a hand ready to grab the gun. 

not sure what imo means but it was unforeseen, noone could have anticipated that this gun was going to recoile, he works in the industry with the risks of something like this could happen, children should be let be children, not given the opportunity to play with weapons which the state has an age limit of 18 for unless on private property. the private property is pathetic because a child is as dangerous with a weapon they can not handle no matter what kind of property they are on. 

In answer to your first question it would appear that you were somewhat stating stating the obvious and it was this that Duncan was getting at.

I would have thought that an UZI submachine gun (or indeed any firearm) is going to have substantial recoil to any inexperienced person regardless of age. I wouldn't have thought that one would need to be ex-army to understand that. You only need to look on youtube and other similar sites to see the recoil of firearms overwhelming inexperienced users.

IMO means 'in my opinion'. I disagree with the statement that it was unforeseen. A firearms instructor should be fully aware of the problems of a gun's recoil, even more so when the gun handler is both unexperienced and very young. The guy was insanely irresponsible, and now the girl has to live with that for the rest of her life. Seriously, what was he thinking when he decided to give a young child a firearm which, apparently, is very hard to use even for those experienced with firearms. I blame the parents as well (who I believe are the ones filming)..

It's sickening.

Well I apologise for stating the obvious, but I was simply commenting on what I read, after all that's why it was posted? Was for people to read. They need to bring in a new law fast because everyone has come to the same conclusion of the girl being the main one at harm here

This is just so sad on so many levels. To put this poor little girl in such a dangerous situation is beyond belief. This would have been totally avoidable by using only a small amount of common sense. I dearly hope the girl has a good support network as she is the only one not to blame in this sad incident.

Its a very sad situation. From what I have seen on news and docos it seems to be a 'normal' thing in usa for children to be around or be in close contact with guns (Americans please correct me if I'm wrong going off news and stuff I see over here) I'm 22 and I wouldn't even think twice about touching or letting a kid touch an Uzi or any gun for that matter. I seen a thing on the news last year about teaching children gun safety there are ways to teach gun safety that don't involve shooting one.

I've used a riffle a few times and that was bad enough at 18 let alone an Uzi at 9.

Really hope the girl gets the support she is going to need and fast her life won't be the same again