Just Gloating

I feel really proud of my country right now :D this is the first time our presidential election receives international media coverage. LOOK

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/07/five-reasons-why-indonesia-presidential-election-matters?commentpage=1

http://time.com/2964702/indonesia-election-2014-joko-widodo-jokowi-prabowo-subianto/

This is insanity. For every presidential debate, Firefox notified me of the time and gave me a link to watch it live. Then today Google made a doodle just for us :wub: I feel so, so proud because we've always been *nothing* in the international world. Lately we're emerging from the third-world countries group and now aiming to be amongst the first-world countries group by 2050 :)

That aside, this year's election is indeed intense. Baskin Robbins is setting up a "buy one get one free" promotion for people who used their vote (indicated by an inked pinky finger). I've just finished my free ice cream! :lol: Perfume shops are giving you a free bottle if you show them your inked finger. Restaurants give you 50% discount. Indonesian citizens living outside the country bang on the foreign country embassy's door, anxious to vote. This. Is. Insanity.

And I am just so, so, SO damn proud :D

EDIT: Leaving the house to grab the free ice cream earlier today, I totally forgot to chain the dog. He's left alone in the house :jawdrop: but he's been such a sweet angel I came home to an intact house. When I came home he ran to my feet with a big smile, as if saying "hello! Where have you been?" :wub: and now that the ice cream's gone, he's back to sleep :lol:

post-2850-0-80933100-1404895407_thumb.jp

post-2850-0-55462300-1404895411_thumb.jp

I am so very happy for you, your country, and Dime for not destroying anything while you were gone, lol. But in all seriousness, that is very exciting news and I am really glad that as a young and educated individual you are so interested in the politics of your country. It's so important for people to be involved and vote. I hope all goes well for your election and that in the years to come you have more and more reasons to be proud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am so very happy for you, your country, and Dime for not destroying anything while you were gone, lol. But in all seriousness, that is very exciting news and I am really glad that as a young and educated individual you are so interested in the politics of your country. It's so important for people to be involved and vote. I hope all goes well for your election and that in the years to come you have more and more reasons to be proud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm deeply interested in politics be it international or national :) it all started when my school sent me to represent them in a nation-wide UN General Assembly simulation competition. After winning twice, you can't get me out of it now :D

Oh gosh you're gonna make me start... :lol: I really love attending those simulations. The amount of geniuses they attract is simply astounding. Reserving a place amongst the three top winners are also a great bonus :P

EDIT: felt the need to tell you that I posed as the delegate of The United States of America once :P I have the name tag to prove it still

post-2850-0-96633800-1404902744_thumb.jp

Gloat away, it's good to see you interested in the political arena. 

I have to admit that I've gotten pretty much burned out on politics.  I think it started with Watergate and has pretty much gone downhill from there.  When the politicians seem to be more interested in getting their driveway paved than ensuring that the people who put them in office have jobs and food on the table, I have to admit a large degree of disgust.

Like many here in the States, I vote, but when it comes down to it, there seem to be little difference between the candidates and their platforms - and even less once they're in office.

I have to admit that I've gotten pretty much burned out on politics.  I think it started with Watergate and has pretty much gone downhill from there.  When the politicians seem to be more interested in getting their driveway paved than ensuring that the people who put them in office have jobs and food on the table, I have to admit a large degree of disgust.

Like many here in the States, I vote, but when it comes down to it, there seem to be little difference between the candidates and their platforms - and even less once they're in office.

Likewise Al. I noticed years ago that it didn't matter who was in power it always came down to how much they could put in their own pockets and the rest be damned. I don't bother wasting my time to vote for any of them now.

Gary.