Does Anyone Else Get This ?

this has really started to wind me up now  :angry:  :banghead:  :arghh: 

when i have my tv on at a normal volume when the adverts come on it goes soooooooooo loud WTF why does this happen ???????????

now i know sum people make a cup of tea while the adverts are on but we dont need them to shout the dam adverts at us so we can hear them in the kitchen :banghead:       ok rant over

I just found this as an explanation:

The reason we get “blasted†at commercial time is determined by how the audio levels are recorded when creating their ads. Affectively, the process is called dynamic range compression, or “compression†for short. Compression is applied to reduce sounds that get recorded over certain levels while the quieter sounds do not get reduced. In the process, the advertisers take liberal advantage of the mid range tones to exploit our senses, since those aren’t affected as much.

To sum it up, compression is used to increase the average level of sound, effectively making it louder.

Clear as mud?? :huh:

I just found this as an explanation:

The reason we get “blasted†at commercial time is determined by how the audio levels are recorded when creating their ads. Affectively, the process is called dynamic range compression, or “compression†for short. Compression is applied to reduce sounds that get recorded over certain levels while the quieter sounds do not get reduced. In the process, the advertisers take liberal advantage of the mid range tones to exploit our senses, since those aren’t affected as much.

To sum it up, compression is used to increase the average level of sound, effectively making it louder.

Clear as mud?? :huh:

in other words they are free to shout there products out to us no matter what because we dont get the technicalities behind the bullsh*t

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

We have a law for that. TV ads can no longer be at a higher volume than regular programming. They used to be real loud before the law went into effect. Now some of them are even at a lower volume than the program and you can hardly hear them.

We have a law for that. TV ads can no longer be at a higher volume than regular programming. They used to be real loud before the law went into effect. Now some of them are even at a lower volume than the program and you can hardly hear them.

well thats it then I am moving to the states lmao

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk